The Student Room Group

Timetable at Colchester County High School for Girls

Hi :smile:

I recently got into CCHS, however, I am still contemplating whether o go there or go to the Colchester Sixth Form.

Anyone who goes to CCHS, even the secondary school, my questions are:

Do the college students get free periods?
Are you allowed to leave school property during these hours?
Anything that varies from how the secondary school is run will be useful :smile:

Thank you, in advance, for taking time to answer my questions :wink:
I don't go to CCHS myself, I go to KEGS the grammar just opposite. But I did apply there and was offered a place. I also have lots of friends that go/have gone there so hopefully I can be of some help.

You do get free periods, around 5-6 per week. You can't leave school in your frees until lunch time. CCHS also don't allow their girls to leave the premises during school hours in year 12 until after Christmas (you have to prove you are well behaved basically) so before christmas the only place you go can out for lunch is the tiny cafe/sandwich bar just opposite the school. In terms of how the school is run differently to the main school is that you do have a little more freedom, you have your own sixth form common room. Hopefully this helped!
Original post by anonymouse_
I don't go to CCHS myself, I go to KEGS the grammar just opposite. But I did apply there and was offered a place. I also have lots of friends that go/have gone there so hopefully I can be of some help.

You do get free periods, around 5-6 per week. You can't leave school in your frees until lunch time. CCHS also don't allow their girls to leave the premises during school hours in year 12 until after Christmas (you have to prove you are well behaved basically) so before christmas the only place you go can out for lunch is the tiny cafe/sandwich bar just opposite the school. In terms of how the school is run differently to the main school is that you do have a little more freedom, you have your own sixth form common room. Hopefully this helped!

Thank you so much! This definitely helps :smile:
Original post by anonymouse_

I think you're talking about Chelmsford CCHS 😅
Original post by anonymousm3
I think you're talking about Chelmsford CCHS 😅

Hi I go to Colchester Girls and the format is pretty much the same! :smile: any questions feel free to ask x
Original post by marie-anne22
Hi I go to Colchester Girls and the format is pretty much the same! :smile: any questions feel free to ask x

Thank you :smile:
Original post by marie-anne22

Hi! Do you guys mix a lot with people from CRGS? Are many of you friends and do the schools organise stuff together?
Hey, I'm starting year 12 at CCHS next week, are you going to go there too??
Original post by alexsassgarth
Hey, I'm starting year 12 at CCHS next week, are you going to go there too??

Yas! What are you taking? I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Yas! What are you taking? I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

ay! im taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Lit. Im guessing you're part of the new intake for sixth form? I am haha
ay! im taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Lit. Im guessing you're part of the new intake for sixth form? I am haha

Yep, I'm kind of freaking out as you can tell... (plus I like ATL too)
Yep, I'm kind of freaking out as you can tell... (plus I like ATL too)

Literally same, don't worry! My last school was comprehensive so I've never really experienced gramamar schools. Omg really, thats awesome man :h: any idea what you want to do after sixth?
Literally same, don't worry! My last school was comprehensive so I've never really experienced gramamar schools. Omg really, thats awesome man :h: any idea what you want to do after sixth?

Same, I'm going to uni, not quite sure what to study yet though
Same, I'm going to uni, not quite sure what to study yet though

Made it through the first week, how are you finding it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending