The Student Room Group

Will England win the World Cup in 2018?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sephiroth
We'll never win the World Cup as long as we insist on entering four teams into the competition.

You mean the Home Nations?

I used to be in favour of a single British team for a few reasons, but there is too much bickering between nations. Sad as **** really. Players like Bale, Giggs, Ramsey, Best, Rush etc miss out as well as the fans.

We won't even be having a team for the Olympics next year.
I thought we already won the next world cup? :colondollar:
Reply 22
Hodgson- No chance
Rooney never turns up in the World Cup, so theres one player out the equation.
No chance. I can't see any young players who will progress enough by 2018. The current players haven't been good enough at previous tournaments and Hodgson doesn't have it in him to win a major international tournament.

France are the favourites. They will be the home nation and have the young players of today who will be ready for 2018. Varane, Zouma, Pogba, Griezmann etc.
Original post by Zerforax
I thought we already won the next world cup? :colondollar:

I'm sure the press will pump everyone up before the disappointment. :rolleyes:
Original post by Icecream1
No chance. I can't see any young players who will progress enough by 2018. The current players haven't been good enough at previous tournaments and Hodgson doesn't have it in him to win a major international tournament.

France are the favourites. They will be the home nation and have the young players of today who will be ready for 2018. Varane, Zouma, Pogba, Griezmann etc.

Russia is the home nation. France is hosting the Euros next year.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Russia is the home nation. France is hosting the Euros next year.

sorry my bad. :colondollar: I read it is Euro 2016....

I think France will be strong in both the Euros and WC for reasons mentioned above.
Original post by Wilfred Little
You mean the Home Nations?

I used to be in favour of a single British team for a few reasons, but there is too much bickering between nations. Sad as **** really. Players like Bale, Giggs, Ramsey, Best, Rush etc miss out as well as the fans.

We won't even be having a team for the Olympics next year.

Yeah that's what I mean, and that's my reasoning too. We'd have a much better team if people like those could compete in a UK team.
Götze/Neymar/Suarez/Messi will smash past Hart like he's a training bag.

Quick Reply

Latest