The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

PORTSMOUTH - Rollerskating // freestyle slalom // Rollerhockey

Hi Guys, I'm in my second year at Portsmouth uni and i'm looking for anyone interested in rollerskating.

I have been skating and playing rollerhockey for about 10 years and I am just getting into slalom (look up 'freestyle slalom').
I am considering on starting a skating society for next year but I need 10 - 15 people onboard before they will allow it!

Any abilities welcome, if you are a beginner and want to learn or if you are an award winning professional then post below!
(edited 8 years ago)
I would be starting Portsmouth hopefully this year, I might consider doing this because i recently took up my rollerblades again but im not very good but I might come along just to see if I would enjoy it? :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Brilliant! I have created the society now and as we are new most people will be beginners so don't worry!
The first session will be free (Whatever it is hasn't been decided yet though :P).
Join the facebook page for updates https://www.facebook.com/groups/UPRSS/
have you heard of solent arena ? roller hockey rink down fareham. im down there every saturday for slalom and general skating. if you dont have any cones you can use my seba cones
Reply 4
Yeah I plan to host some trips to there durng the year. Use of your cones would be great untill we get some thanks!
Are you joining Portsmouth uni? And have you joined the Facebook page?
was planning on Portsmouth uni but had to get a job instead , whats the facebook page about and do i have to be in uni to join? i highly recommend solent arena as its smooth tiled flooring plus ive figured how to grapevine well now so if anyone wants to learn it , i can help teach it on a saturday
Reply 6
Hi
Love to start skating a gain
I use to play roller hockey years ago at the ymca in Maidstone
Brian

Quick Reply