The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Aye, Turkmenistan declared itself neutral on all issues, but as I like representing this nation, especially in this time of transition, I didn't think people would mind if I created a resolution every once and a while. If I'm wrong then I suppose I'll have to switch countries.
6+6=6
OBVI.

Damn straight, you cant find any evidence to support your claim, yet you will support a censure against him, with such banal memberss among us it is a surprise we're not the real UN

We don't need evidence; if Kenyan's relationship with Turkmenistan was so dire I think, just think, we may have heard something. The fact that there isn't any kind of proves my point.
Reply 42
Hey if i am going to get censured for that. Then you better censure the Turkmenistan diplomat. Turkmen law hasn't changed. Neutrality is still required of you and you have broken your own governments law. It isn't up to you to decide when you can break the law. I fear that your related to Turkmenbashi.
At the end of the day everyone will have their say on the issue through the vote.
Reply 44
France, despite agreeing with other on the insensitivity of the representative's remarks, will not supprot this resolution. Should this resolution come through to the Security Council, France will veto it.
Reply 45
brimstone
France, despite agreeing with other on the insensitivity of the representative's remarks, will not supprot this resolution. Should this resolution come through to the Security Council, France will veto it.

This isn't a resolution.q
a fire in the sky
This isn't a resolution.q

IIRC it goes to the SC but the veto is disabled.
Reply 47
That would make sense, although I can find no outline or literature on the matter...
a fire in the sky
That would make sense, although I can find no outline or literature on the matter...

Likewise, I had a look when the thread was first made, I had a feeling that censure always used to be a matter entirely for the security council.
Reply 49
There is a precedent, the censure of Syria, which did go to the Security Council. It's not clear if the veto was disabled or not as the only one who did not support it was a Non Perm (India, represented by Brimstone) but no mention was made of it being disabled or in force.
Nightowl
There is a precedent, the censure of Syria, which did go to the Security Council. It's not clear if the veto was disabled or not as the only one who did not support it was a Non Perm (India, represented by Brimstone) but no mention was made of it being disabled or in force.

In which case it makes sense to follow the same procedure as for a vote of no confidence.
Reply 51
Nefarious
In which case it makes sense to follow the same procedure as for a vote of no confidence.

that would make sense, yes.
Reply 52
Nightowl

I remember that :biggrin: Aaaah, the days of India.
Wow, I'm anti-censure :p:
Reply 53
brimstone
I remember that :biggrin: Aaaah, the days of India.
Wow, I'm anti-censure :p:

Why do you not support the motion France?
Reply 54
paddy
Why do you not support the motion France?

France believes that the right a country has to free speech should not be blocked, least of all in the MUN.
Regardless of how the vote turns out, Russia appeals to all delegates to accept it and move on rather than letting animosity and resentment fester.
The motion will be moved to the security council, the vote will occur in the private forum, I will announce only the result. If anyone objects to this please let me know.
The Security Council has overturned this motion and as such Kenya will not be censured on this occasion.
Reply 58
This is an absolute outrage. First of all, who exactly is the SC to determine whether or not Kenya's comments were offensive? Why do their opinions matter more than other nation's in a matter such as this? What makes the SC more qualified to determine the rightousness of a comment than the rest of us?

Secondly, a censure shows only that Kenya's comments were wrong and should never have been made. We would like to know exactly which parts of

Kenya is happy that this ruthless dictator is dead. We hope that he rots in hell for demolishing mosques who refused to put his book next to the Quran. Also for telling students that if they read his book three times they will go to heave thanks to him communicating with God. We need not mention the closed libraries,hospitals and the torture of his opponents.

To bad this diplomat celebrate by opening a champagne bottle.

the SC agrees with.
I do find it a bit strange that the majority's views are being ignored. But Italy accepts it for she does not have strong views on the matter and respects the SC's decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending