The Student Room Group

Predictions for AQA PSYB1/2

Hey!

Well the psyb1 exam is in two days! I was wondering if anyone had any predictions on the likely essay questions that would come up, based on past years?

Good luck for the exam!
Reply 1
I don't have a clue, but I'm in the same boat. If its any help to you though, my teacher predicts that, because this is the last year of the specification, they are likely to recycle topics rather than use new ones, so I'd look over all the past papers and revise those topics.
Reply 2
Yeah, many specs in differing subjects are at the end of their lifespan and so it is nearly as hard to predict topics as when a spec just comes out... :/
For cognitive the multi store model of memory has not been a 12 marker for many years so it is most likely for that to come up, however the nature of memory has not been a 12 marker yet so it would be good to do an essay plan for that
For developmental (attachment) it will most probably be the effects of daycare and perhaps institutionalisation for the 12 marker.

The thing with psychology is that nearly everything comes up every year! We just have to know the book inside out!
You can't predict the questions. My teacher knows the guy who writes the exam and they don't check past papers.. They just come up with the questions regardless of what's came up.
Reply 5
Original post by J.SMART
I don't have a clue, but I'm in the same boat. If its any help to you though, my teacher predicts that, because this is the last year of the specification, they are likely to recycle topics rather than use new ones, so I'd look over all the past papers and revise those topics.

Does this apply to essay questions too? Recycle old ones?
Reply 6
Original post by kerryrevie
You can't predict the questions. My teacher knows the guy who writes the exam and they don't check past papers.. They just come up with the questions regardless of what's came up.

Yeah but they must check the most recent papers to make sure they don't repeat any of the questions, surely??
Nope, that's what we were saying. If you check other papers they've had approaches essays 3 years in a row. It doesn't matter if they repeat questions because the students wouldn't be expecting repeats.
Reply 8
How did everybody find their psychology exams today? I did PSYA and found it pretty easy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending