The Student Room Group

Lyle and Scott

Hi there,

I'd just like to find out what everyone's opinions were on Lyle and Scott? I ask this because lately I've seen it being worn by people who can characterized as "chavs" and "posh-oes". What is the general consensus about the brand? Chavvy/Posh?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
bump.

found this really cool lyle and scott jumper, but it's kinda pricey. i know i'm paying for the brand, so i'd like to know a bit more about what that brand is from the locals.

sorry if this sounds a bit pretentious.
lyle and scott was massive in 2008, then there were fakes everywhere and it just died out
the quality is no better than any other brand and its not seen as a top brand

Go for superdry or abercrombie and fitch or something, better quality and more respected as a brand
Original post by london.queen
bump.

found this really cool lyle and scott jumper, but it's kinda pricey. i know i'm paying for the brand, so i'd like to know a bit more about what that brand is from the locals.

sorry if this sounds a bit pretentious.

Yes I love Lyle and Scott they make the best jumpers, I have this suave pink wooven jumper by Lyle and Scott, they are just smooth.
Lyle & Scott has massively dropped in it's status, I used to have a nice red jumper back in 2008/9 that I loved. I wouldn't be caught dead in it now.

IMO Lyle & Scott is on the same level as YSL... and that used to be an expensive high class designer too.
Even discounted it's not worth the money, the quality is terrible. A shame because some of the jumpers are actually nice in terms of design.
Original post by C_tinie_D
Lyle & Scott has massively dropped in it's status, I used to have a nice red jumper back in 2008/9 that I loved. I wouldn't be caught dead in it now.

IMO Lyle & Scott is on the same level as YSL... and that used to be an expensive high class designer too.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Even discounted it's not worth the money, the quality is terrible. A shame because some of the jumpers are actually nice in terms of design.

Agreed 100% it was good back in 2008.
Reply 7
As a girl I'm probably not the best person to answer this however,my boyfriend wears Lyle and Scott very often and it's very smart! I'm a fan personally😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest