The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History 2015

I'm studying Clash of Ideologies 1900 - 1991 for A21 and Partition of Ireland 1900 - 1925 for A22. I was just wondering if anyone out there had any ideas of what might come up on either exam?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

A2 2 - Easter Rising or Decline of Sinn Fein for the essay is my prediction.
Reply 3
Original post by reflektor
A2 2 - Easter Rising or Decline of Sinn Fein for the essay is my prediction.

Yeah i was definitely thinking Rise of Sinn Fein for the Essay, but I'm not too sure about the sources. I think it will probably be from Theme 3, as Theme 1 is too obvious to go for, and its also disproportionally chosen by candidates as an essay every year whereas Theme 3 is almost universally ignored
Reply 4
i think it could be home rule for sources - they haven't come up in a while, and the source questions have always been on either hr, easter rising, decline of ipp/rise of sf or anglo irish war. i'd like an essay on the reasons for the civil war, but i don't know whether it's likely to come up or not. rise of sf or easter rising would also be nice essays to appear.

(ideal paper would be source on home rule, essay on causes of the easter rising, and essay on causes of civil war but ccea would never be that nice.)
Reply 5
so are yous not looking at northern ireland at all ??
Original post by Megs97
so are yous not looking at northern ireland at all ??

The NI question of problems faced by the Craig government/methods used to address them, is relatively straight-forward, so wouldn't be too bad if it did come up.

I'm yet to look at the "who was most satisfied with the Govt. of Ireland Act 1920" question, however. Not the greatest of questions.
Reply 7
The NI question of problems faced by the Craig government/methods used to address them, is relatively straight-forward, so wouldn't be too bad if it did come up.

I'm yet to look at the "who was most satisfied with the Govt. of Ireland Act 1920" question, however. Not the greatest of questions.

Aww okey dkkey ,so do you think NI will be an essay then
I think it will be Home Rule for the source and I think either Easter Rising or Rise of Sinn Fein are likely for the essay.

Any idea on how much historiography is needed for this module? Can't be as much as the '20 quotes' at A2 1 since we wouldn't have time.
Is it not only 'The rise of Sinn Fein' and 'Causes of the Easter Rising' in theme 2 or am I wrong? So one of them is certain to come up anyways? If Home Rule doesn't come up as a source I'll be likely to walk out haha
Reply 10
Original post by shannonquinn96
Is it not only 'The rise of Sinn Fein' and 'Causes of the Easter Rising' in theme 2 or am I wrong? So one of them is certain to come up anyways? If Home Rule doesn't come up as a source I'll be likely to walk out haha

They can ask about WW1 as well for Theme 2, there was an old spec paper we did in class and the sources were on whether the British government were ungrateful for Nationalist support during the war. It probably couldn't be asked as an essay question directly though as there wouldn't be enough to write about
Reply 11
I think it will be Home Rule for the source and I think either Easter Rising or Rise of Sinn Fein are likely for the essay.

Any idea on how much historiography is needed for this module? Can't be as much as the '20 quotes' at A2 1 since we wouldn't have time.

There is meant to be less interpretation on this one, the essay is only marked out of 15 for interpretation. So i don't know, maybe 15 quotes? We were never told that for A21, just told to write as much as you could hahaha
Does anyone else find truce quotes hard to come by?
Reply 13
Does anyone else find truce quotes hard to come by?

do you mean contemporary quotes? and by the truce what do you mean, the end of the war of independence or the actual Treaty negotiations??
Both contemporary and historian interpretations! I can only really put in around 12 in the essay. Yeah war of independence and the reasons for a truce, so like military and political pressures for both the Irish and British!
Reply 15
Both contemporary and historian interpretations! I can only really put in around 12 in the essay. Yeah war of independence and the reasons for a truce, so like military and political pressures for both the Irish and British!

Yeah I don't really have a lot of interpretation for it as well, but if you have seen the Michael Collins film it is quite accurate (to an extent. For example ned broy doesn't actually die in real life haha), and the historical advisor for that film was Tim Pat Coogan. So any good quotes in the movie or the divisions it brings out between Collins and de Valera over the best approach to the war and their divisions over the Treaty is all stuff Tim Pat Coogan agrees with, so he can be used as interpretation. Just a last resort hahaha
Does nobody else just make up the quotes from historians for the most part anyway?
Welllllllllll that was unexpected.
Welllllllllll that was unexpected.

Rise of Sinn Fein was always going to come up. I take it NI was the surprise?
Reply 19
What the hell was that source

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending