The Student Room Group

What subjects for law?

I want to do Law in uni, but I'm unsure on what A-levels to take as I want to keep my options open. I was thinking either three of these subjects:

Sociology, Maths, History, Eng Lit/Lang or Gov and Politics? Can anyone tell me what's good/bad about any of these subjects?

What subjects for law?

I want to do Law in uni, but I'm unsure on what A-levels to take as I want to keep my options open. I was thinking either three of these subjects:

Sociology, Maths, History, Eng Lit/Lang or Gov and Politics? Can anyone tell me what's good/bad about any of these subjects?
Original post by sarskinz

I took history, English lit and law at a level, and had no problem getting into a law degree at a RG.

I wouldn't consider maths for a law degree, and sociology is weaker than the other options. The rest are solid, traditional A-Levels x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by AMT6
I took history, English lit and law at a level, and had no problem getting into a law degree at a RG.

I wouldn't consider maths for a law degree, and sociology is weaker than the other options. The rest are solid, traditional A-Levels x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help!

But the problem is that I'm scared that I may not be able to achieve a B/A grade in Eng literature and History GCSE as my exams are coming up. That's why I was thinking about these other subjects too just in case.
Original post by sarskinz
Thank you for your help!

But the problem is that I'm scared that I may not be able to achieve a B/A grade in Eng literature and History GCSE as my exams are coming up. That's why I was thinking about these other subjects too just in case.

In that case, i would prioritise sociology.

However, you should really work hard in English/History, as they are fundamental elements of law. I got a B in History and will forever regret it! KEEP PUSHING!!
Reply 4
Original post by AMT6
In that case, i would prioritise sociology.

However, you should really work hard in English/History, as they are fundamental elements of law. I got a B in History and will forever regret it! KEEP PUSHING!!

Thank you so much! I will keep doing past papers to push myself
Reply 5
All of them are good subjects. Just pick the ones where you are confident you'll score higher in.
I absolutely would recommend maths for a law degree. They use a lot of the same logical skills.

Quick Reply