The Student Room Group

Latin as 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stripedbox
But there's so many endings. How do you learn them?

You just have to keep on revising them and doing past papers on them as there's no easy way round it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mercieo
You just have to keep on revising them and doing past papers on them as there's no easy way round it :/

What about the literature paper? Shall I bother learning the Cicero and Ovid word for word? What's the best way to approach this exam?
[QUOTE="stripedbox;63947625"]
Original post by mercieo

What about the literature paper? Shall I bother learning the Cicero and Ovid word for word? What's the best way to approach this exam?

Definitely do your best to learn them word for word - as far as I can remember 15 marks for each text is just straight translation of a section - so by learning them word for word you already have 30/100 - 30% of the exam sorted :smile:

I'm now doing a2 and find the best approach for lit is just to type out your translation, divide it into sections and learn one a day until it's done - usually I read each section aloud until I've got it in my head, then try and write it out without looking back at it as much as I can. Also I've found that recording myself saying the translation and then listening to it back on my phone helps too. For the analysis, personally Ive found it best to just know how to recognise the different devices - polyptoton, anaphora etc rather than memorising what happens in every line.
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you. Those are good tips. Yeah, I've been recording myself and listening to it to try and learn it, but tbh I don't know if it's going in. I'm going to try your idea of writing it out.
Is there a big step up from AS to A2 Latin? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending