The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think our school give study leave in January either. Why don't you just stay at home anyway, and only go into school when you have to ask teachers questions, want to go into the lesson, have to go, etc.
Reply 2
Ditto excalibur's advice, unless you get EMA. I don't have study leave either.
Reply 3
Ditto avacodo and excalibur! I'm always in with one cold or another throughout December/Jan anyway so it's likely I'd be off college even if I didn't have exams to revise for!

But yeah, cut out travelling time and time wasted in lessons and just do intensive revision at home, that's what I plan to do (though not so sure about the intensive part!)
Reply 4
You could try and do as much work as possible at school and get everything you need to know sorted during your lessons.

If you're taking the above advice, which is what i'm planning on, then bring in tissues when you come to see your teachers :P
We don't get any study leave either :frown:
Reply 6
nothing here either. Wasting revision lessons is not a good idea..
Reply 7
We don't get study leave at my college either. I find it difficult to concentrate in revision lessons for some strange reason :s:. Planning on taking a couple of "sick" days off at some point.
We didn't even get study leave for summer exams in the sixth form, let alone January exams! Anyway, if you're really too tired to do any revision at all in the evenings, what about free periods and weekends?
errrmm, just skip!
write a note frm ur parents, n go in wen u need to see te teachers (btw wen u go in look ill!)
even if u get ema, go in for like 1/2 a day n then complain ur ill, u gt sent home in my skool n te ppl hu gt ema still get it for te week!

im takin basically te whole of jan of skool, cos i hav so mny exams to do, n i dnt wana waste time in te summer resittin cos i wanna ace em!
Reply 10
No study leave for me either. Not that I ever did anything when I did have it though!
Reply 11
I don't get any study leave either. :frown:
Reply 12
gam3r
nothing here either. Wasting revision lessons is not a good idea..

It is when you go to my college, trust me! We literally don't do any work. At leat at home I'll get *some* work done.
I didn't either... don't think many did, judging by the posts above :p:
Reply 14
We do though but it is the usuall morning off if it a afternoon exam.Shame really as the only real lesson I miss is double History. I take my Eco exam when I have Eco.
Xrypto
I take my Eco exam when I have Eco.
How convenient :p:
Reply 16
Same here, dammit! I only have time to eat and sleep when I get home from school, I'm too tired. It wouldn't be so bad if we were off-timetable but in school, but we have lessons all the time except for when we're actually in an exam! I think I may take the day before my first exam off and the afternoon before my second.
Reply 17
We dont get any either. tbh sometimes revision lessons might not be all that helpful. It depends what level your class is at. If ppl obviously havent done stuff and ask basic Qs - then its obviously not that productive for you - you might as well be at home. When you do in- go armed with specific questions, much more productive and saves time too.
Reply 18
Excalibur
Why don't you just stay at home anyway, and only go into school when you have to ask teachers questions, want to go into the lesson, have to go, etc.

I know that my teachers are starting the next modules when I go back in January, so, if the OP's school follows a similar scheme, it may mean that they miss out on a lot of important lessons at school and could fall behind in their work.

To the OP: You say that you are physically shattered when you get home; how is your diet? Are you eating good food and not filling yourself up with sugary or fatty foods that will make you lethargic and tired? Are you making sure that you are getting enough sleep at night? Simple changes like these can make a difference to how you are feeling, and may help you have more energy and get more work done :smile:

Good luck :smile:
I haven't got any study leave either, but then my school doesn't like us having exams in jan because it apparently will disrupt our A2s. However my geography teacher has decided that we should take two A2 modules in january anyway, and I'm doing four re-takes at another centre so I could really do with it. I remember last year, I also didn't have study leave in Jan, and my friends at my old school all had study leave, even if they didn't have exams! Lucky for some..Anyway as other people have suggested, if you think you need study leave just take a couple of days off, as long as you don't miss too much work for your June modules it doesn't really matter. Good luck. :biggrin:

Latest