The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature To Kill A Mockingbird Predictions 2015

Scroll to see replies

Thank you so much! Im probably not going to sleep tonight as im very scared about the exam tomorrow. I hope Mrs Dubose comes up!!!
Are yous doing An Inspector Calls as well? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Hot_Kebab
Thank you so much! Im probably not going to sleep tonight as im very scared about the exam tomorrow. I hope Mrs Dubose comes up!!!

stay calm! You'll be fine. If you can't think of anything just flick through chapters 3, 9 and 24 there are lots of juicy bits there (also chapter 11 for mrs dubose!)
Original post by lastminuterush
Are yous doing An Inspector Calls as well?������

No for some reason we are doing DNA, and no one else seems to be doing that!!!! :angry::mad:
No for some reason we are doing DNA, and no one else seems to be doing that!!!! :angry::mad:

That's strange, I haven't head of anyone doing that either!
Reply 65
Does anyone do the crucible?
Hey guys it's not finished but what would you give this response to the question : how are bob ewell and Atticus conveyed in the trial?
Lee presents Bob Ewell as a man who appears to be very boastful in spite of having nothing to boast about. Scout describes him as a "little red rooster." Firstly, the use of the bird "rooster" is symbolic of Bob Ewell's character. A rooster is a flightless bird that signifies how Ewell is unable to 'fly' above his own prejudices; he cannot see right from wrong. Lee uses the character of Bob ewell throughout the novel to get across her themes of prejudice. Ewell's personality makes him extremely unlikeable to the reader, further making them disagree with his opinions. Indeed, lee's whole purpose of the novel is to change the 1930s discrimination.
Reply 67
I was just wondering... do you think that the part A passage for TKAM could be about the incident of Tim Johnson as there's a really good passage and it hasn't came up yet??
Original post by j4cckkb
I was just wondering... do you think that the part A passage for TKAM could be about the incident of Tim Johnson as there's a really good passage and it hasn't came up yet??

I thought it did come up like a couple of yrs ago
Aunt Alexandra has already come up: In this passage, what methods does Lee use to present Scout’s feelings about AuntAlexandra and Francis? - June 2012

So she is unlikely to come up again!

WOOOOOHOOOOO
Reply 70
Original post by Lilliefff
I thought it did come up like a couple of yrs ago

I just looked through all the past papers and it hadn't? Idk I'm talking about AQA exam board
Aunt Alexandra has already come up: In this passage, what methods does Lee use to present Scout’s feelings about AuntAlexandra and Francis? - June 2012

Reply 72

That was just in part (a) though. She shows so much about Maycomb that she could come up again for part b
Original post by lastminuterush
Are yous doing An Inspector Calls as well? :smile:

Yep. Loved both until we came to do them in lessons.
My school were so annoying in our mocks, they made 90% an A*. So if they followed actual grade boundaries I'd get a high A (lang) and A* lit.
Reply 74
what can you say about Mrs Dubose. I really dont know much about her.
Original post by shah786
what can you say about Mrs Dubose. I really dont know much about her.

My teacher said that she was a typical southern old white woman. Racist, old fashioned, morphine addict.

Atticus called her brave for getting off morphine. I guess it shows that even old people who were stuck in their ways can change and break old habits, so why can't everyone do the same and see black people for who they are...? Idk tho

What, there's nothing to say about Mrs Dubose :frown:
There's so much to say about Miss Dubose (at least 3 para's worth).

Also, it's literally all in one chapter or two. I think 10/11 (?)
Reply 78
Original post by Samistrawberry
What, there's nothing to say about Mrs Dubose :frown:

Just talk about how Mrs Dubose is an example of "real courage."
She is a fighting a losing battle with her morphine addiction but she continues to go through with it. It foreshadows Atticus and the trial because Atticus knows he will be looked down upon and knows success is unlikely however continues to fight for Tom. Even though Atticus doesn't win the case, it is a small step to achieving a change in Maycomb, likewise with Mrs Dubose, even though she ends up dying she has achieved something because she has died free from the addiction. Atticus quotes about real courage saying its "not just a man with a gun in his hand. Its when you know youre licked before you begin but you begin anyway and see it through." She refrained from leaving the world in narcotic bliss and unlike her prejudice attitude, was the better person.

I dont know whether this is right but its just my interpretation and i have the exam tomorrow too!
Good luck :smile:
Reply 79
anyone think Dill will come up? worried as i don't have any quotes on him and I don't really know his character D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending