The Student Room Group

Bsc Computer Science at UWL/Birkbeck

Hi all,

So i'm in a really stressful situation right now, not knowing which to choose and whether or not I should even choose one of these Unis.

I've got unconditional offers from West London and Birkbeck and i'm awaiting for the University of Hertfordshire to give me an offer but recently i've been seeing a lot of negative posts on UWL/Birkbeck of the teaching in general. How there is no student support at all and teachers don't care about you or don't have time to help you, so they say.

What I really want to know is feedback from people that have done/are doing Computer Science at these Unis and if it is worth my time to even go there.

I know the general feedback from those Unis which are quite frightening, but I really want to get feedback on Computer Science because maybe by some miracle the course is actually decent in those Unis.

I'm thinking that maybe UWL is actually a bit better than Birkbeck due to the fact that they have extremely modern facilities and probably have the new tech in Computer Science, but maybe i'm wrong.

For some reason, I was sure that Computer Science at Birkbeck was day time study as I recall not seeing the "with evening study" when browsing the Birkbeck Computer Science website. Just 2 days ago I saw that and now i'm extremely depressed as I'm not an owl and find it very hard to study during the evening. Plus the fact that the students would be mature students, making the social aspect terrible which would result in me being utterly depressed during my education years.

The advantage for UWL for me is that its daytime study, very modern facilities and "age appropriate" students. But the fact that its regarded as one of the worst of London doesn't make me want to go there.

Any feedback possible?

P.S I'm also awaiting for UOIT in Canada but i doubt they'll give me an offer. If they do however, all of this would be solved :biggrin:
It's so late to apply anywhere else, although right now i'm going to work my ass off to try and find another Uni in the EU.

I'm up for any suggestions also about Transfers, re-applying, other modes of education which could make me eligible for a masters in a good unis.
Yes, I am definitely planning on doing a Masters in the end at a better Uni.

(Sorry for the long post.
Reply 1
No Question, Birkbeck is prestiguos

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending