The Student Room Group

Japanese

Can you tell me if these Romanji sentences are right?

1. watashi wa maiban terebi o mimasu = I watch TV evey evening?
2. watashi wa konasa watashi no inu to han o yomima****a = This morning I read with my dog?
Apparently the past tense in japanese is too rude for the student room!

Thank you :smile: (I do not do Japanese at school, so do not know if the word order or particles are correct)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur10
Can you tell me if these Romanji sentences are right?

1. watashi wa maiban terebi o mimasu = I watch TV evey evening?
2. watashi wa konasa watashi no inu to han o yomima****a = This morning I read with my dog?
Apparently the past tense in japanese is too rude for the student room!

Thank you :smile: (I do not do Japanese at school, so do not know if the word order or particles are correct)

Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Romaji... =_=

As a general rule for Japanese, you don't need to state the obvious. Since you already used 'I' in the 2nd sentence, there's not really a need to say 'my dog'. Just 'dog' is fine. You would only really need to state the owner of the dog if it was someone who hasn't already been introduced (or if it's not clear because you've talked about several people in the same passage/sentence).

Grammatically, it's all correct though. You just got a couple of words wrong that have already been pointed out by the previous poster. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending