The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway B Biology

Scroll to see replies

Omg the first six marker was so horrible, i literally just filled the space with lots of different calculations (I have no idea how you were supposed to work it out) so hopefully some numbers i wrote down will be on the mark scheme...
Original post by mariam625
hahahaah.... yeah and an A* will be 1 mark which we gained from the last question which was the easiest:redface:

Oh yes I've never loved letters so much into life: A T C G 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Panic Queen
Oh yes I've never loved letters so much into life: A T C G 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahah..... thats one I'm definately sure about.
That stupid question about banning beaches with the weever fish- that wasnt even biology
Original post by PhoenixHellRider
That stupid question about banning beaches with the weever fish- that wasnt even biology

i agree and i aid that it needs to close down hopefully the right answer.
Original post by mariam625
someone agrees with me yes i know this as b far the hardest biology exam I have ever done but it's not as hard compared to futher maths....eeekkkk

I'm doing further maths and don't get me started on that!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhoenixHellRider

Yeah I know I had no idea what to put I just said some bs like 'yes beaches should be closed and instead open rock beaches since the weaver fish will not cope in this environment'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was anyone else completely stumped by the last questions (before the atp question)?
Mainly the one about why mouse stem cells are different
Original post by flamingllama
was anyone else completely stumped by the last questions (before the atp question)?
Mainly the one about why mouse embryos are different

Wasn't that because they took it from the skin cells rather than the embryonic cells idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahaha.... maetricies hahaha i don't know how to spell it.. that shows you how much i love it. :tongue:
probably,
I think we got lucky on the 6 markers if no actual biology had to be applied, I only managed to get a proper biological answer in B3
The question where it was like compare stem cells and normal stem cells. I was literally like whaaaat?:confused: and the 6 marker on food chains was strange. I'm convinced I didn't write what OCR wanted
Yeah I know it seed like some sort of trap that it didn't involve biology in any kind of way aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amani Ziyat
did anyone get 10% for the efficiency??

YES! ah thank god I got something right x
Reply 54
Yes i said something like this too
Original post by SolomonP
I said its possible that she inherited some improved cardiovascular efficiency in genes but environmental factors like practice are also important[/QU
What did you write about the Penguins?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cookiemonster057
The question where it was like compare stem cells and normal stem cells. I was literally like whaaaat?:confused: and the 6 marker on food chains was strange. I'm convinced I didn't write what OCR wanted

I just said that based on the information we have so far the mean efficiency is 12.5% and then worked out how much energy would be left from the last trophic level. No idea if its right, it seemed more maths to me
What did you write about the Penguins?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The blood goes down to the feet without warming them up and since the body doesn't have to keep the feet warm is conserves heat energy to the main parts of the body e.g organs and as the blood from the blood vessels returns to the hard it gets warmed up, so the body doesn't get cooled down by the cold blood.
Not sure if this is right, it seems awfully long winded for a 1 or 2 marker
Original post by SolomonP
anyone up for creating an unoffical mark scheme?

Please? :smile:

I'm doing further maths and don't get me started on that!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam board are you doing?
What did people put for the question where it asked why you had to use hot water for the sting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending