The Student Room Group

The right age to start wearing make up

When do you think it is appropriate for people to start wearing make up?

As in, a full face of make up; foundation, concealer, full eye make up, eyebrows, contour etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
17/18
I'm 17 and I've never worn full face makeup :erm:
I started wearing makeup when i was 13 (year 8) and tbh once you start wearing it everyday it's hard to go back. So yes i would say about 16 is the best age xx
started wearing mascara + eyeliner to school when I was in year 9, but still don't bother with full make up on a day to day basis - takes too much time!!

I think it depends on the individual - but maybe year 9 or 10 upwards?
Full face make-up is best for occasions, in my opinion.
16/17 sounds like a reasonable age, i guess.

This is coming from a person who rarely wears make-up (only for special occasions).
I'd say 18..Can't stand makeup at all and I don't wear anything apart from mascara (even with that I only do one stroke at the tips of my eyelashes). I'm not allowed it either but I'm not planning to wear full on makeup anytime soon but yeah I'd say a good age is 18
16+
Probably 16/17. I know a ten year old who wears more makeup than me. I feel really sad when really young girls wear makeup, there's plenty of time for that, go and roll around in some mud instead whilst you still can!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'd say 18..Can't stand makeup at all and I don't wear anything apart from mascara (even with that I only do one stroke at the tips of my eyelashes). I'm not allowed it either but I'm not planning to wear full on makeup anytime soon but yeah I'd say a good age is 18

Yeah but you don't need makeup :smile:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Yeah but you don't need makeup :smile:

To you I don't :smile:

If you already have managed to snag a boyfriend why the hell would you care? :confused:

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with wearing make up at say 13 but it does seem kinda depressing. I know teenagers hate hearing it but why do you want to grow up so fast? Especially girls. #dadmode
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If you already have managed to snag a boyfriend why the hell would you care? :confused:

About what? Wearing makeup?
About what? Wearing makeup?

Yup.
Yup.

As mentioned in my post, I don't like makeup.. And I'm pretty comfortable around Schro on days when I'm too lazy to make an effort :tongue:
As mentioned in my post, I don't like makeup.. And I'm pretty comfortable around Schro on days when I'm too lazy to make an effort :tongue:

Well that's what I was saying.

I thought you said you were going to start wearing make up.

No to anyone you don't, you're naturally beautifully :smile:
Well that's what I was saying.

I thought you said you were going to start wearing make up.

Hahahaha no the idea of throwing on chemicals on my face doesn't appeal to me (no offence to makeup users who read this)

Quick Reply

Latest