The Student Room Group

HELP

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do with my situation.

To cut it short, I had a 10am marketing exams and a 6pm law exam. I had initially anticipated that this wouldn't be so much of an issue and I would be able to get through it however it was the most stressful day ever. For the first exam, I woke up early after only managing to get 3hours sleep. The exam was pretty tricky, after taking a short lunch break, I started going over my law notes. As you may know, law requires you to memorise a lot in terms of cases, statutes and all sorts. I'm not sure how, but those 4-5 hours flew by, towards the last 2 hours i began panicking, because even though i did prepare before had, I just couldn't retain the information. This was a combination of Tiredness and stress. Last 30min before the exam, I had just given up and thought I was just going fail, my whole world was falling apart- literally. This module I really wanted to do well in.

To be honest, I would've preferred the exam to be one after the other with not much of a gap. Anyways due to this I think that my performance in my law exam was greatly effected. And I was aiming for 2.1/1. I achieved a good mark for the coursework however that is only worth 30%.

So to end this, I don't really think it is at all fair that our uni exams start so early (from the 28th April) and secondly, not fair when theres 3 exams in one week ( that includes 2 in one day). Is there any way that I can put my reasons forward to possibly retake in july WITHOUT being Capped at 40%. I'm in my second year of uni. I don't think I failed the exam, but was hoping for better.

What do you think?

Lastly, quite a few people were in the same situation as me, some people even had an exam the day before. However, in some departments, some students only had law and didn't have marketing (isn't a core module for them), and thus they are likely to do better as a result. Not that we are in competition but just saying.

Please let me know your honest opinions and advice if there is anything I can possibly to about this. I don't think I can but any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Sixformer

So to end this, I don't really think it is at all fair that our uni exams start so early (from the 28th April) and secondly, not fair when theres 3 exams in one week ( that includes 2 in one day). Is there any way that I can put my reasons forward to possibly retake in july WITHOUT being Capped at 40%. I'm in my second year of uni. I don't think I failed the exam, but was hoping for better.

What do you think?

You can try, but I don't think you'll get very far :nah: . I sat 7 exams in the space of 4 days from the 27th April - count yourself lucky :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending