The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Film Production Technology Applicants 2015

Hi all,

Anyone else applied for this course? Sent my application last week, cant wait to start in September!
Original post by The Macho Man
Hi all,

Anyone else applied for this course? Sent my application last week, cant wait to start in September!

Hey,

That's really exciting news! I'm just introducing myself as the Official Rep for Staffs uni on TSR - if you've got any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll be able to help you. :smile:

Have you decided on your accommodation yet?

What are you most looking forwards to about the course?

:smile:

Katie
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey,

That's really exciting news! I'm just introducing myself as the Official Rep for Staffs uni on TSR - if you've got any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll be able to help you. :smile:

Have you decided on your accommodation yet?

What are you most looking forwards to about the course?

:smile:

Katie

Hi Katie

I chose Stafford court as my first and Yarlet as second on accommodation, so should be good to get to know everyone living there! Only question I can think of is when does freshers start this year? My course on UCAS says it starts around September 15th and I cant move in until around the 13th according to accommodation when I applied, so just want to make sure I don't miss freshers week :biggrin:

As for the course, I'm just looking forward to all the hands on production work and getting used to all the new cameras!
Hi Katie

I chose Stafford court as my first and Yarlet as second on accommodation, so should be good to get to know everyone living there! Only question I can think of is when does freshers start this year? My course on UCAS says it starts around September 15th and I cant move in until around the 13th according to accommodation when I applied, so just want to make sure I don't miss freshers week :biggrin:

As for the course, I'm just looking forward to all the hands on production work and getting used to all the new cameras!

Very exciting! I was chatting to a journalism student and she said all the cameras, tech & equipment that they had access to was her favourite thing about the course.

Don't worry - you won't miss welcome week. :smile:

Move in day is on the 13th. You'll be able to complete your face-to-face enrollment, collect your student card and pick up your keys.

Freshers week starts on the 14th - you'll have an induction schedule given to you by your department, and there's also loads of stuff going at the Students Union which you can find out about here.

It's a busy week but it's super fun! You'll have a great time, and there's so much going on that you'll get to meet loads of new people.

You should get an email from the uni once explaining things in more detail so keep an eye out. If there's anything else you need to know in the meantime, fire away :smile:

Katie
Original post by Staffordshire University
Very exciting! I was chatting to a journalism student and she said all the cameras, tech & equipment that they had access to was her favourite thing about the course.

Don't worry - you won't miss welcome week. :smile:

Move in day is on the 13th. You'll be able to complete your face-to-face enrollment, collect your student card and pick up your keys.

Freshers week starts on the 14th - you'll have an induction schedule given to you by your department, and there's also loads of stuff going at the Students Union which you can find out about here.

It's a busy week but it's super fun! You'll have a great time, and there's so much going on that you'll get to meet loads of new people.

You should get an email from the uni once explaining things in more detail so keep an eye out. If there's anything else you need to know in the meantime, fire away :smile:

Katie

That's brilliant, glad I wont miss it then. Thanks for the reply, looks like its going to be a great week!

The only other thing I can think of is to do with accomidation again, and that I want to bring my games console with me to use in my room but I will need a TV for it. I won't want to actually watch TV on just use my console, but will I (or the flat) have to still pay for a license?

That's brilliant, glad I wont miss it then. Thanks for the reply, looks like its going to be a great week!

The only other thing I can think of is to do with accomidation again, and that I want to bring my games console with me to use in my room but I will need a TV for it. I won't want to actually watch TV on just use my console, but will I (or the flat) have to still pay for a license?

It should be really fun :smile:

You'll need a TV license if you're watching or recording TV programmes as they're shown on TV - regardless of what device you use. In halls, everyone needs their own TV license if they want to watch TV in their room. There's some more information about this from TV licensing here.

You won't need a license if your TV can't receive TV programmes and is only used as a monitor or for watching pre-recorded DVDs/Videos.

TV licenses are a bit confusing so it's best to check with them directly to make absolutely sure you don't need one, as you could face a fine otherwise. :smile:

Hope that helps,

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending