The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

I wonder if reserve list candidate stands any chance of winning the CSC award
Reply 21
oh god, oh god. Nothing yet. Durham's website stated the results will be out by May. Then, when I emailed to inquire I was told I'd definitely hear something by the end of May. Well, it's June 1st today, and I have been obaessively checking my email for the past month. I got nothing and the forums are awfully quiet.
@Oswin, is your application with CSC or nominating agency?
Reply 23
Original post by uzohanselm
@Oswin, is your application with CSC or nominating agency?

I am also a reserve candidate at Durham, so it is with the nominating agency. I wish they can tell us something soon.
I am a reserve candidate at King's College. Is anybody having idea how many reserve candidates college might have for 5 seats. Thanks
same with me at Reading. I wonder if reserve candidates has ever gotten the award
Reply 26
same with me at Reading. I wonder if reserve candidates has ever gotten the award

It does happen. One of my friends was a reserve candidate at London Southbank University and even though she was initially told she was not accepted, somebody turned down their offer and she got it. But then again, LSBU isn't usually people's first choice while unis like Reading, KCL, Durham etc. are pretty prestigious so I am also a little worried as I don't think any student from a developing country is likely to turn them down. Fingers crossed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Oswin
It does happen. One of my friends was a reserve candidate at London Southbank University and even though she was initially told she was not accepted, somebody turned down their offer and she got it. But then again, LSBU isn't usually people's first choice while unis like Reading, KCL, Durham etc. are pretty prestigious so I am also a little worried as I don't think any student from a developing country is likely to turn them down. Fingers crossed.

I share your concerns too, I was nominated at Cambridge . Anything can happen though. Let's keep the fingers crossed.
Original post by Oswin

But again the question is ....how many are in queue before me....dont know how in what ratio they keep reserves.
Mine has been with university of reading since 30th April, what is my fate?

You are reserved. You will only be moved to CSC stage if one of the awardees turn down the scholarship offer.
Reply 30
Original post by Harcourtian
But again the question is ....how many are in queue before me....dont know how in what ratio they keep reserves.

Yeah, this is what I have been wondering as well. Nobody seems to know. I guess we can just wait to hear from them now. My friend heard about her acceptance around the 10th if June last year.
Reply 31
just so you know , some unis have announced awardees. check this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56237197&highlight=
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by daemonhassan
just so you know , some unis have announced awardees. check this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56237197&highlight=

Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess now they are just waiting to hear back from the succcessful candidates and whether or not the accept the offer. The sooner they accept/decline it, the sooner we'll know our fate.
Any update friends ?
I am a reserve candidate at King's College.....waiting for a good news....chances may be very slim though...
Reply 35
My university contacted me on 26th May, that I have been awarded the shared scholarship. They sent me some forms to complete and return to the CSC before the award can be confirmed. I sent the forms on Tuesday 2nd June. Im now waiting for CSC confirmation and the award letter.
Reply 36
Any news, guys?
Reply 37
Original post by ProssieAliba
I can confirm to you that you will get the scholarship once you reach CSC stage. Confirmation is usually around mid June.

Hey ProssieAliba, u seem to understand the process well. My application has been on CSC stage since 24 May. My school is yet to send any mail with regard to the nomination hence i have filled no forms. Do u think i should mail them?
Original post by kosb
Hey ProssieAliba, u seem to understand the process well. My application has been on CSC stage since 24 May. My school is yet to send any mail with regard to the nomination hence i have filled no forms. Do u think i should mail them?

The eventual notification of award depends on your university but once you are at CSC, there is no turning back really. Notifications for successful students are usually mid June to end of June. You should be patient. I am sure they will get back to you in due course.
Reply 39
Original post by ProssieAliba
The eventual notification of award depends on your university but once you are at CSC, there is no turning back really. Notifications for successful students are usually mid June to end of June. You should be patient. I am sure they will get back to you in due course.

OK. Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending