The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

I made an application for the commonwealth shared scholarship to the University of Liverpool.The application is now with the CSC since 23rd April 2015. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I am granted the scholarship as well. How long does it take to get the scholarship? And what is the process like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kassi
I made an application for the commonwealth shared scholarship to the University of Liverpool.The application is now with the CSC since 23rd April 2015. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I am granted the scholarship as well. How long does it take to get the scholarship? And what is the process like?

I can confirm to you that you will get the scholarship once you reach CSC stage. Confirmation is usually around mid June.
Reply 2
Original post by ProssieAliba
I can confirm to you that you will get the scholarship once you reach CSC stage. Confirmation is usually around mid June.

Thanks for the reply ProssieAliba.. Im very grateful. I wish that I get it.
Original post by Kassi
Thanks for the reply ProssieAliba.. Im very grateful. I wish that I get it.

Once you get to CSC, you are in. The nominating agency only moves people to CSC in numbers equal to the available scholarships so you are nolonger competing for a place with anyone. You are basically through and should merely work on meeting your other requirements for admission. Congratulations once again.
Reply 4
Original post by ProssieAliba
Once you get to CSC, you are in. The nominating agency only moves people to CSC in numbers equal to the available scholarships so you are nolonger competing for a place with anyone. You are basically through and should merely work on meeting your other requirements for admission. Congratulations once again.

Thanks a lot..
What about you, did you get any scholarship?
Reply 5
Hi,

Have you been shortlisted/nominated for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015? Did you hear from your university about results or any further information? Let's hook up to keep ourselves updated.
Reply 6
Original post by Kassi
Hi,

Have you been shortlisted/nominated for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015? Did you hear from your university about results or any further information? Let's hook up to keep ourselves updated.

Hi Kassi!

After securing an unconditional offer from Durham University I submitted the application via the EAS on the 7th of April and am still waiting on updates. My EAS status reads "With Nominating Agency I", so it is still with Durham and I am freaking out about it. I called and asked and they said to expect to hear something by the end of May.

Anyone else know anything about Durham and the CSC?
Reply 7
Original post by Oswin
Hi Kassi!

After securing an unconditional offer from Durham University I submitted the application via the EAS on the 7th of April and am still waiting on updates. My EAS status reads "With Nominating Agency I", so it is still with Durham and I am freaking out about it. I called and asked and they said to expect to hear something by the end of May.

Anyone else know anything about Durham and the CSC?

Well, I applied to University of Liverpool and my application is now with the CSC. What I read from another forum is that: if your EAS status reads "Nominating Agency I" after 30th April which is the deadline for nominations to the CSC by the university, it means that you are a reserve applicant. Because your application has not been unsuccessful.
Reply 8
Original post by Kassi
Well, I applied to University of Liverpool and my application is now with the CSC. What I read from another forum is that: if your EAS status reads "Nominating Agency I" after 30th April which is the deadline for nominations to the CSC by the university, it means that you are a reserve applicant. Because your application has not been unsuccessful.

Hi Kassi!

Thanks for the response. This helps. If you can remember, can you tell me which forum you read this on? I have absolutely no info on Durham University and as much as I have tried, I couldn't find anyone who had applied to Durham for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship and got a nomination.

But thanks! I also read that an application still being around on the EAS portal and not having disappeared is a good sign. Fingers crossed, and congrats on making it to CSC!
Reply 9
Original post by Oswin
Hi Kassi! Thanks for the response. This helps. If you can remember, can you tell me which forum you read this on? I have absolutely no info on Durham University and as much as I have tried, I couldn't find anyone who had applied to Durham for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship and got a nomination. But thanks! I also read that an application still being around on the EAS portal and not having disappeared is a good sign. Fingers crossed, and congrats on making it to CSC!
Thanks Oswin. I read the post at the GradCafe forum. But that wasn't in relation to Durham. It was general. Anyway I believe there are some who have been nominated by Durham. Lets hope that the University get back to you.
Reply 10
From what has been said already if by the deadline you don't get a rejection email and your status sill reads "nominating agency 1" it means you are a reserve candidate. I am in the same situation with my application at Cambridge. The chances are tight giving that I don't fathom any developing country student refusing a free ride to Cambridge. Good luck to us all.
Reply 11
Original post by daemonhassan
From what has been said already if by the deadline you don't get a rejection email and your status sill reads "nominating agency 1" it means you are a reserve candidate. I am in the same situation with my application at Cambridge. The chances are tight giving that I don't fathom any developing country student refusing a free ride to Cambridge. Good luck to us all.

You can still get.... Good luck.
Reply 12
Anyone has any idea how many reserve candidates are selected and is it possible to find out where exactly one stands on the reserve candidates' list?
Reply 13
Original post by Kassi
Thanks a lot..
What about you, did you get any scholarship?

I received a message from the University of Liverpool that I have been award the commonwealth shared scholarship. I also receive some forms which are to be completed and submitted to CSC including Medical form.
mine is still with university of reading since 30th April, 2015. what is my fate?
I was nominated for the scholarship and all the sections in the agency input of my form on CSC website was clicked satisfied. its showing now with university of reading since 30th April 2015. pls what is my fate?
Mine has been with university of reading since 30th April, what is my fate?
please what is the fate of those on the reserve candidate list?
Reply 18
Original post by uzohanselm
please what is the fate of those on the reserve candidate list?

i am on the reserve list too, have they started announcing winners? i got nominated at cambridge.
no, they have not. I got selected at university of reading.

Quick Reply

Latest