The Student Room Group
Reply 1
wheelert6
I have jus been made offers to UCL and Kings in central London, is there anyone that studies in London? Any good? I mean, is it easy to make friends, is there really that much to look forward to?

No, it is especially difficult to make friend's in London. Particularly if you come from Hampshire.
Reply 2

Londons great... loads of cool people about.
El Scotto

Londons great... loads of cool people about.

:ditto: People like me...
Reply 4
London is a good city and a bad city. Just keep your wits about you and spend your money wisely and you'll have a good time.
London's wonderful- it has so much to do, to see, to offer, etc., and there are people from just about everywhere there. BUT if you have to commute during rush hours it's a pain sometimes, and it's so very big as cities go- up to 30 miles across in some places. It's hard to make friends, like it must be in all megacities. Being in accomodation should help, if you're averagely lucky in the people you're thrown with, and join societies, clubs, etc. Living there is more expensive than you at first think it's going to be, I found. But go for it, you'll more than likely end up enjoying yourself a lot, and learning an enormous lot about many things- how to survive in a major global metropolis, for one- always useful.

BIG congratulations on your offers, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Reply 6
i hate london unis their too close to home :biggrin:
Don't go to uni there then.
Reply 8
wheelert6
I have jus been made offers to UCL and Kings in central London, is there anyone that studies in London? Any good? I mean, is it easy to make friends, is there really that much to look forward to?

Im a first year student at Kings. I have to say its incredibly easy to make friends if your living in university accommodation. And chances are you`ll become really close friends with many people on your course. So making friends should certainly not be a concern.

Being a student in London is awesome, you can never be bored...in fact often the problem is days just go by too quik. It can be too hectic and fast paced at times, but you get used to that eventually.

I think London is one of those places, you will either love or hate. If you hate it, you`ll end up really miserable and lonely for 3 years. I suggest you stay there for like a weekend before deciding, that should give you a good impression of the city.
Reply 9
kclawyer

I think London is one of those places, you will either love or hate. If you hate it, you`ll end up really miserable and lonely for 3 years. I suggest you stay there for like a weekend before deciding, that should give you a good impression of the city.

i might go ucl. i dont hate or love london. thats why i cant decide if i want to be in london rather than bristol!
Reply 10
I've just finished my first term as a student in london and really like it. Its amazing how quicly it becomes the norm and how you settle into city life. There is everything you need on your doorstep - the transport on the whole is good - far better than in a town where a bus may come every half hour for example. London is expensive - but there are loads of things you can do cheaply and its a great place for student deals. Almost anywhere you go you can flash your NUS card and get a discount. It can be quite a lonely place - so make the most of your uni accomodation service and societies.

Id go for it. After you graduate you may not be able to afford to live in the city so now is the best time to experience it while you can. Have a chat to people on the london uni board if you have any more questions.

Good luck!
Reply 11
My first term in London has been the best time of my life. Myself, and most people I know, have had no trouble making friends and getting used to the place. I've been home for just over a week and miss the buzz of the place already. There really is that much to look forward too, you just have to try a little bit to make the most of it.
Reply 12
Yes it's great. What answer were you expecting?

Latest

Trending

Trending