The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA chemistry test into pharmacy

Hello everyone,
So I applied to study pharmacy at UEA through extra. I got invited to come for an interview and thank God everything went well and I got offered a conditional place. However they now want me to take a chemistry test in the summer. Has anyone taken this test before and if yes what kind of topics come up?. I could really do with some help on this one.
Original post by magiicbug
Hello everyone,
So I applied to study pharmacy at UEA through extra. I got invited to come for an interview and thank God everything went well and I got offered a conditional place. However they now want me to take a chemistry test in the summer. Has anyone taken this test before and if yes what kind of topics come up?. I could really do with some help on this one.

I also applied through extra however I haven't been asked to sit a chemistry exam :/
I think it might include organics (aspirin and thalidomide maybe), analytical techniques and calculations involving concentrations.
(edited 8 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I also applied through extra however I haven't been asked to sit a chemistry exam :/
I think it might include organics (aspirin and thalidomide maybe), analytical techniques and calculations involving concentrations.

Thank you ; this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by magiicbug
Hello everyone,

I've been asked to sit this exam aswell. What pass mark do you need and did you get hold of any mock papers for it.
Reply 4
Original post by thanvir
I've been asked to sit this exam aswell. What pass mark do you need and did you get hold of any mock papers for it.

Hey, the pass mark is 75% and I don't hold any past papers but you should have
received an email last friday with a list of the modules you need to know for the exam.
Reply 5
I am taking the exam in two days, how was the exam to all of you that did take it?
I'm taking the entry exam tomorrow, any tips on what to revise last minute? How is the exam laid out?
Original post by derxk
I am taking the exam in two days, how was the exam to all of you that did take it?

I think by now you finished the course. I got the same email, what topics were covered in your exam?
thanks
Reply 8
I had taken the exam and am currently in my 3rd year. Wasn't that bad of an exam tbf it just covered the usual a level chemistry and biology. If you did the a level equivalent I'd say revise a lot of it. What I found useful were youtube videos but generally I wouldn't stress much about the exam. Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by derxk
I had taken the exam and am currently in my 3rd year. Wasn't that bad of an exam tbf it just covered the usual a level chemistry and biology. If you did the a level equivalent I'd say revise a lot of it. What I found useful were youtube videos but generally I wouldn't stress much about the exam. Hope it goes well :smile:

Did they email you the contents before the exam by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending