The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME OCR Economics - Markets In Action 2015

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzxaz1IcDuQMQ1NFWW9JelJwa0k/view

Link ^^^
UNOFFlCIAL MARK SCHEME ECONOMICS F581
Markets In Action

Answer comprised by several economics students
Goodluck to everyone, hope you all get As

Brought you by (me), Zayn (KhamZ_98), Annie ( anndz3007), John and Will contributions :biggrin:

We may have not included your answers but it does not necessarily means you are not correct.
We put a lot of effort, please appreciate.

Zayn Malik's comment:
This is an unofficial mark scheme. Just because we did not mention something, it does not mean that its wrong. OCR have several meetings during the marking periods and will alter their mark schemes according to how different candidates answered the questions for this paper Consider this a "first draft" of what the final mark scheme will look like from OCR.

Maki : Oh on the unofficial ms we mentioned alternative policies for 16-18 marks. However imo I don't think it really requires it cos I didn't do other policies
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
good work
Reply 2
Awesome guys!

Appreciation is due :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Makashima
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzxaz1IcDuQMQ1NFWW9JelJwa0k/view

It Is UNOFFlCIAL,
the answers comprised by several economics students :biggrin:

Goodluck to everyone, hope you all get As!

Thanks to (me), Zayn, Annie, John and Will contributions :biggrin:

We may have no included your answer but it does not necessarily means you are not correct.
We put a lot of effort, please appreciate.
"Makashima or Maki babyee gurl xoxoxox <3"
You have just earned yourself rep and a follow.

Seriously though, ty for teh unofficial markscheme much appreciated
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Give 2 reasons why theelasticity of demand forsome agriculturalproducts is more priceelastic

Can't I say time?
One of the best unofficial mark schemes I have ever seen.
Reply 6
Discuss whether the openspaces such as lakes andparks can always bedefined as public goods

Need to add 'accept Quasi public good' too
Original post by Pato1
Give 2 reasons why theelasticity of demand forsome agriculturalproducts is more priceelastic

Can't I say time?

This is why its an unofficial mark scheme. Just because we did not mention it, it does not mean that its wrong. OCR have several meetings during the marking periods and will alter their mark schemes according to how different candidates answered the questions.
Consider this a "first draft" of what the final mark scheme will look like from OCR.
Reply 8
Original post by Pato1

Can't I say time?

You can. I think we've explained on the other thread.

Anything of:
Degree of necessity
Habit forming goods/addiction
Proportion of income consumed
Time period
Availability of substitutes

Is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KhamZ_98
This is why its an unofficial mark scheme. Just because we did not mention it, it does not mean that its wrong. OCR have several meetings during the marking periods and will alter their mark schemes according to how different candidates answered the questions.
Consider this a "first draft" of what the final mark scheme will look like from OCR.

^^^
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Thanks Stefan, also regarding the essay I hope we weren't supposed to use the case study otherwise im done ._.
Reply 11
Original post by Pato1

Can't I say time?

Sure depends how you word it, supposedly in the long run there is lack of suppliers ie low availability of substitutes hence in the long run, more companies established then yeah...along those lines :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Formless
"Makahima or Maki babyee gurl xoxoxox <3"
You have just earned yourself rep and a follow.

Seriously though, ty for teh unofficial markscheme much appreciated

Awww loool thanks sir/madam
Reply 13
Original post by Pato1
Thanks Stefan, also regarding the essay I hope we weren't supposed to use the case study otherwise im done ._.

Not needed. You could of, but the question did not specify "agricultural products".

Posted from TSR Mobile
This was quick! :eek3:

Fingers crossed everyone :crossedf: Hope you all did well :h:
Reply 15
Judging by this I should have done fairly well :smile:
Reply 16
For q2 about the supply and demand diagram " explain why the price of agricultural products could rise significantly " could u have drawn both a decrease in supply and a increase in demand on one diagram
Reply 17
Original post by *Stefan*
Not needed. You could of, but the question did not specify "agricultural products".

Posted from TSR Mobile

HEYYYY please put me out of my misery - MY essay was not based on the case study instead it correcting the market failure of under consumed merit goods like fruit, veg and rice etc and how subsidies help to overcomethis...have i been capped??? i thought i wrote a perfect 18/18 essay until I heard about people writing about biofuels...
I know that the essay wants you to show some sort of market failure. I talked about positive externalities, what do you guys think?
Original post by justfly
HEYYYY please put me out of my misery - MY essay was not based on the case study instead it correcting the market failure of under consumed merit goods like fruit, veg and rice etc and how subsidies help to overcomethis...have i been capped??? i thought i wrote a perfect 18/18 essay until I heard about people writing about biofuels...

You cannot be capped. I did not base my essay around the case study either. Previous mark schemes have just said that some candidates decided to use the case study as it can be useful as it is normally related to the topic of the essay.
But you do not HAVE to use it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending