The Student Room Group

How many lessons did you have ?

Hey guys how many hours of lessons did you have before you passed ?

also did you pass first time ?

were you a natural from the start or did it take a while for it to all click ?

I've had 22 hours off lessons and I feel it all clicking now but I haven't being to the town I'm doing my test in yet so should I do about 10 lessons their before booking my test ? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

8 hours of lessons
10 hours of private practise

None of the lessons were in the town I did my test in because Red are ****e and thought it would be best to practise somewhere completely different to where I needed to learn.
Reply 2
Original post by Prince_fancybum
8 hours of lessons
10 hours of private practise

None of the lessons were in the town I did my test in because Red are ****e and thought it would be best to practise somewhere completely different to where I needed to learn.

Yeh I live in a small village which is quite far away from the test center so I've being learning in a nearer town
I've passed first time with 35 hours with my instructor.

I had my worst lesson then after that lesson it all suddenly clicked and I've been taking that worst lesson as a lesson to continue learning and finish up by passing the test.
Reply 4
30 hours in total.

1 minor on test - parking at the end. :huff:
Reply 5
Still taking them, have had 70 hours.

Getting so fed up with them now - tempted to just a book a test and do it in my own car!
Reply 6
Original post by geeee11
Still taking them, have had 70 hours.

Getting so fed up with them now - tempted to just a book a test and do it in my own car!

I've had 26 hours and I'm fed
Up so I've booked my test for next week and going to book a Arnold Clark dual contrôléd car and hope for the best in Deffinetly not the best driver but just want to see how I do
I had in the region of 70 lessons
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
I had in the region of 70 lessons

Did you attempt to have you test after say 30 lessons or did you have your first test after 70 hours ?
Original post by BORLAND95
Did you attempt to have you test after say 30 lessons or did you have your first test after 70 hours ?

First test after 70. Bear in mind, I was completely incompetent at it :rofl: The average person will not take anywhere near as long
Reply 10
Original post by somemightsay888
First test after 70. Bear in mind, I was completely incompetent at it :rofl: The average person will not take anywhere near as long

Trust me I could be needing 70 I just have no patience I'm no where near test ready I hate roundabouts when people never signal and I have only learned 2 manouvers lol !
Reply 11
I've had 26 hours and I'm fed
Up so I've booked my test for next week and going to book a Arnold Clark dual contrôléd car and hope for the best in Deffinetly not the best driver but just want to see how I do

I am tempted to book my test too as I feel like my instructor is dragging it out! I didn't know you could hire a dual controller car for the day, is that expensive?
Reply 12
Original post by geeee11
I am tempted to book my test too as I feel like my instructor is dragging it out! I didn't know you could hire a dual controller car for the day, is that expensive?

It's £9 per hour it's just the learner cars Arnold Clark give you to do lessons with your dad or whoether but you can also take it to your test but one of your family will need to drive you to the test center or if you drive they will need to be in the passenger chair I've booked it for 2 hours so it's £18 :smile:
25 lessons with 4 minors 😊 just bought a new car today as well yay
Reply 14
Well done !! How many hours did you have in total :smile:?

Also is the test easier than you thought or harder :smile:?
Well done !! How many hours did you have in total :smile:?

Also is the test easier than you thought or harder :smile:?

Around 35! And the test was very easy in my opinion. My examiner chatted to me loads which put me at ease and therefore I wasn't nervous. It was fun :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by CautiousCat
Around 35! And the test was very easy in my opinion. My examiner chatted to me loads which put me at ease and therefore I wasn't nervous. It was fun :smile:

Did you do any lessons with parents or anything ? I'm not the best in the world but I never stall just someTimes I'm hesitant at roundabouts because peoe never indicate and I end up braking thinking their coming round but they exit
Did you do any lessons with parents or anything ? I'm not the best in the world but I never stall just someTimes I'm hesitant at roundabouts because peoe never indicate and I end up braking thinking their coming round but they exit

Unfortunately my parents own sporty cars so they wouldn't let me plus the insurance would be silly! So no private practise just a good instructor! And I still hate roundabouts. Had to pick my car up today and went around about 10 busy ones. They get easier just look right and pick your gap and go for it just make sure it's safe! And not stalling is good, proves good clutch control :smile:!
Reply 18
Original post by CautiousCat
Unfortunately my parents own sporty cars so they wouldn't let me plus the insurance would be silly! So no private practise just a good instructor! And I still hate roundabouts. Had to pick my car up today and went around about 10 busy ones. They get easier just look right and pick your gap and go for it just make sure it's safe! And not stalling is good, proves good clutch control :smile:!

What car did you get :smile:! I want the red edition fiesta zetec S on finance tho cause it's like 16k ha !
What car did you get :smile:! I want the red edition fiesta zetec S on finance tho cause it's like 16k ha !

I'm only 19 so didn't have much choice! But I got a fiesta zetec 1.4 :smile:! Fast for what it is! And in black with the sporty additions it looks mint! And yeah they're lush! Very nice haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending