The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL GCSE C1: 14th May 2015 & P1: 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

what did everyone put for 'name another raw material that is extracted through electrolysis'???? I found chemistry much harder than biology, i hope it doesnt get harder with physics
Original post by Little_Miss22
what did everyone put for 'name another raw material that is extracted through electrolysis'???? I found chemistry much harder than biology, i hope it doesnt get harder with physics

I put salt
The answer is Sodium Chloride SOLUTION. Solution has to be put in there as Sodium Chloride is a solid. I think Brine may have been acceptable.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Serkan Marasli
The answer is Sodium Chloride SOLUTION. Solution has to be put in there as Sodium Chloride is a solid. I think Brine may have been acceptable.

Noo :frown: I put Brine, then crossed it out and put "Sodium Chloride" ffs

I found chem easier :yep:

What did you do for the question where it asks you what you see when calcium carbonate (or whatever is was) reacts with dilute sulfuric acid?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
What did you o for the question whre it asks you what you see when calcium carbonate (or whatever is was) reacts with dilute sulfuric acid?

The answer for that question is:
Bubbles Form (1)
Fizz Forms (1)
A Blue Solution Forms (1)

It was a 2 marker so you could of had two.
(edited 8 years ago)
The answer for that question is:
Bubbles Form (1)
Fizz Forms (1)
A Blue Solution Forms (1)

It was a 2 marker so you could of had two. Oww and btw i got full marks in my mocks and im pretty sure that i got full marks in this too so ask me for anything.

For the six marker on alloys, did you have to give or use the examples they gave to get full marks? :holmes:
Original post by Black Rose
For the six marker on alloys, did you have to give or use the examples they gave t get full marks? :holmes:

I doubt it because it didn`t say use examples but just to make sure, i used examples of:
Nitinol - What its made from and its uses
Stainless Steel - Its Uses
Steel - Its uses

On that 6 marker, i also mentioned:
- How alloys are stronger (eg, different sized atoms)
- Why pure metals are weak
- What do alloys do (E.g, improve a metals properties)
- How this increases strength
- And how properties are improved.
(edited 8 years ago)
I doubt it because it didn`t say use examples but just to make sure, i used examples of:
Nitinol - What its made from and its uses
Stainless Steel - Its Uses
Steel - Its uses

On that 6 marker, i also mentioned:
- How alloys are stronger (eg, different sized atoms)
- Why pure metals are weak
- What do alloys do (E.g, improve a metals properties)
- How this increases strength
- And how properties are improved.

I didn't write about their uses! Probably going to lose marks for that :nothing:

Was the tablet B or C? I put down C but some of my friends say B.. and the cooling one, it was a "state" question and a 1 marker, so you didn't have to put much detail? I wrote that water vapour decreases in the atmosphere etc, I started to say why but crossed it out because it didn't say to explain :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Ye Water vapour condensed to form oceans which removed H20 from the air and carbon dioxide dissolved in these oceans and for the tablets, i put tablet C as it neutralised the most acid, the question didnt imply time so it must have been C
Predictions for P1??
Original post by HarryKane28
Predictions for P1??

Life cycle of stars
Transfomers maybe?
Reply 33
I got that question wrong but I think the answer is 'Sea water'.
Original post by 25CBinoc
I got that question wrong but I think the answer is 'Sea water'.

Yeah, it was sea water as it meant a raw material, not necessarily it chemical compound name (sodium chloride solution)
So scared for P1 tomorrow, literally have not revised
Original post by mynameisjr
So scared for P1 tomorrow, literally have not revised

Ive literally done all the past papers. I hate telescopes i hope they dont come up
Dont worry guys we're all gonna ace physics , though i'm dreading it, imagine seeing that A* In august:h:
Dont worry guys we're all gonna ace physics , though i'm dreading it, imagine seeing that A* In august:h:

Thats what motivates me. Imagining myelf opening my results with As and A*'s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would anyone be kind enough to write a few perfect 6 mark answers for topics that are likely to come up? (I'm especially needing help on the national grid and transformers 6 mark)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending