Which one should I get? (GHD's)

the original ceramic styling iron
the mini styler
the salon styler

If you want to curl your hair as well, go for the orignial ones! :smile:
Reply 41
B_e_x
If you want to curl your hair as well, go for the orignial ones! :smile:

hmm.. I don't want to curl my hair.. :p: I just want to make it straight.. so should I go for the mini styler then? :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 42
I got some GHD's today! Decided to finally go for it and they are fab! :biggrin:
Can someone explain the differance between GHS and GHD?

There is a site which advertises GHS on this thread and I don't know the differance.
Reply 44
walalang
Which one should I get? (GHD's)

the original ceramic styling iron
the mini styler
the salon styler

The mini is really for people with short hair
The ordinary one is for everyone who doesn't need the smaller or bigger one (sounds kinda stupid but it is true)
The salon one is for people with MAJORLY thick hair ie an afro. My hair is pretty damn thick and I use the ordinary one. So unless you have a v short cut or HUUUUUGE hair get the ordinary one.
Reply 45
Rozaroo
The mini is really for people with short hair
The ordinary one is for everyone who doesn't need the smaller or bigger one (sounds kinda stupid but it is true)
The salon one is for people with MAJORLY thick hair ie an afro. My hair is pretty damn thick and I use the ordinary one. So unless you have a v short cut or HUUUUUGE hair get the ordinary one.

Thank you!:p:
Reply 46
My sis just bought some ceramic Andrew Collinge straighteners from boots for £25 (down from £50) and i must say, they are absolutely amazing - i've tried them on my hair and they give the same look as my GHDs (which i incidentally bought for £85 :redface: ). they heat up to the same temperature as ghd's in the same time. What's better though is that they have a little screen on the straighteners themselves so that u can alter the temp according to ure hair thickness. And, they have an auto shut-off after an hour to prevent overheating or incase u leave them on!

So if ure looking for straighteners i'd definately recommend these even though i've got GHDs myself. You also get a free no-kinks hair cream and a stand for the staightener - could u ask for any more!?:biggrin:
Reply 47
I am a proud owner of GHDs (4 years and counting) I had one pair for 3 years until they blew up! and blue sparks shot out of them! turns out there was a problem batch but got them replaced straight away for free and got a newer version of the originals! ~Super Duper!
xsbrx
My sis just bought some ceramic Andrew Collinge straighteners from boots for £25 (down from C50) and i must say, they are absolutely amazing - i've tried them on my hair and they give the same look as my GHDs (which i incidentally bought for £85 :redface: ). they heat up to the same temperature as ghd's in the same time. What's better though is that they have a little screen on the straighteners themselves so that u can alter the temp according to ure hair thickness. And, they have an auto shut-off after an hour to prevent overheating or incase u leave them on!

So if ure looking for straighteners i'd definately recommend these even though i've got GHDs myself. You also get a free no-kinks hair cream and a stand for the staightener - could u ask for any more!?:biggrin:

ooh! i am very tempted, does anybody else have these/know if they're any good?
i've just come back from the hairdressers havin ghad my hair cut and straightened properly and i decided i could really do with some nice new straightners :smile:
otherwise, does anybody know of any other decent straighteners for about £30?

also... what does the 'ionic' thing the argos catalogue keeps telling me about actually do? :P
subterfuge
i've just come back from the hairdressers havin ghad my hair cut and straightened properly and i decided i could really do with some nice new straightners :smile:

also... what does the 'ionic' thing the argos catalogue keeps telling me about actually do? :P

I have these... ---> http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4426879.htm

I really love them! They get really hot, with different settings depending on the thickness of your hair. These straighteners have the ionic function.. basically, it emmits ions which lock your hair in place (so they say) to stop it going frizzy etc. I never straighten my hair withouit using products so don;t know if it's true that they work or if it's the products I use, but I love these straighteners! :p:
Reply 50
subterfuge

Yeah I think I have them, they're pretty good yeah. I recommend :smile:
lovelee-jublee
I have these... ---> http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4426879.htm

I really love them! They get really hot, with different settings depending on the thickness of your hair. These straighteners have the ionic function.. basically, it emmits ions which lock your hair in place (so they say) to stop it going frizzy etc. I never straighten my hair withouit using products so don;t know if it's true that they work or if it's the products I use, but I love these straighteners! :p:

i ended up buying these from boots. I intended to get the remingtom wet 2 straight ones (reduced from 80 to 40pounds, but they had none of the slim ones left :frown:
i went for those instead and they're good, i just used a bit of the tresemme heat protect spray and my hair's nice & shiny & straight :smile:
really easy to do curls aswell (but it was kinda hard to straighten out the curls & flicks i made messing around :p:)
lovelee-jublee
I love Tresemme too... and it's so cheap!

Also, just wanted to reccommend Vidal Sassoon's Ionic Ceramic Straighteners... they're really good, and only £29.99 in Argos (was last time I checked anyways), get really hot, and the ions emmitted are supposed to stop your hair drying out. I've had no problems so far :top:

Oh, and the plates are pink, so they're really girly!!! :p:

thanks il have a look , i need some straighteners and quick ! i accidently broke mine :frown:
LittleWings
thanks il have a look , i need some straighteners and quick ! i accidently broke mine :frown:

Hehe, no problem :smile:
Reply 54
i had sum really nice nicky clarke ones that were reduced at superdrug but after a year they blew up on me and started emittin blue sparks, quite scary lol, i desperately need new ones but dont wanna spend too much, does neone know if ur hair stay straight all day with the vidal sassoon ones sum1 mentioned above?
mine stays straight with them until i wash it. so thats about 2 or 3 days, i expect it'd last longer as long as it stayed dry :smile:
i do have fairly straight hair natrually though, it just goes a bit frizzy sometimes, so it might not last as long on curlier hair
Reply 56
yeh see i have very wavy hair and my hair never lasted after 4 hrs with my old remington ones, my salon has sum really nice ones for £50but their wide andthey dont do same ones in normal sized which is crap

so i dunno gess id have to do the whole buy then return thing to find my perfect one
Reply 57
Has anyone ever had their hair relaxed (chemically straightened) at a salon? I really want to get it done, but I don't want my hair to look damaged or anything. I blow out my hair at least 5 days a week, and I'm really tired of doing it. Let me know if you've had your hair relaxed, and how you liked it!
Reply 58
my sister had it done, before she had really nice curly hair, after a while the straightenin effect wore off but her hair wasnt curly nemore it just looked crap and kinky not good
My friend had it done, just after Christmas (or before... around that time!) - it cost around £200 and at first it looked great, It was dead straight and really smooth, but now it has a tendency to go a bit frizzy and isn't as straight as it used it be. In my opinion, it was a lot of money to spend on something that didn't last as long as it was supposed to.

Quick Reply

Latest