The Student Room Group

Unable to access student finance account for over a year

Hello,

I've been unable to access my online account for more than 12 months now. I was able to access it without problems when I made my initial application for my current course, however I started receiving the same error message when it came around to reapplying for finance for the second year.

I put in my CRN, password and secret answer as requested and I am met with an error message. I have tried doing this on different computers, operating systems, browsers and IP addresses, but I get the same result each time. Hence I do not believe the problem is at my end.

I have informed student finance of this on several occasions via phone. They take a report and ask for the error code. No error code is given on the website (see attached screenshot).

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 11.21.19.png

So far nothing has been done about it. Last year I had to completed a paper form instead of applying online. This year I completed the same form and supplied supporting documentation as I'm applying for the Special Support Grant. I've received an email stating that I have not supplied any supporting evidence and I should check the online account to find out what evidence is required. Obviously I can not do this. I will ring student finance to find out what is wrong with the evidence I've supplied when I get a chance (it was identical the the evidence I used last year, so I'm perplexed as to what is wrong with it), and I will again inform them that I can not access my online account.

However I thought it would be worth asking here what I can do about my lack of online account access, as informing them over the phone has got me nowhere.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest