The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography G1 - How'd you find it?

What did you think of G1 today, they seemed to be very new questions, not really a repeat of previous ones.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What did you write for 1B? Some people are saying that it was the effects of human activities on extreme weather events but I wrote the effects of extreme weather events - e.g rain on humans, eg transport.

AHH!
Original post by Emma1818
What did you write for 1B? Some people are saying that it was the effects of human activities on extreme weather events but I wrote the effects of extreme weather events - e.g rain on humans, eg transport.

AHH!

I did the same!!! But everyone else in my class answered it about causes of global warming leading to extreme weather! I'm glad I've found someone who did the same as me!! I swear it took me like 10 minutes just to try and work out what it was asking. It was so badly worded!!
Reply 3
Original post by Caitlin.thomas98
I did the same!!! But everyone else in my class answered it about causes of global warming leading to extreme weather! I'm glad I've found someone who did the same as me!! I swear it took me like 10 minutes just to try and work out what it was asking. It was so badly worded!!

Some other people in my class did it like us too. I'm sure it was effects on human activities

I ran out of time too on the last question.

Such a bad paper :frown:
What did u guys write for 3b
Reply 5
I wrote questionnaires and interviews, like ask farmers, retail owners etc wbu
Reply 6
I thought 1b was something like 'outline the impacts on human activities of one or more extreme weather events' . I wrote about the impacts on katrina eg. Flooding, transport routes blocked. I hope that is ok! It was such a bad paper. What did you talk about for 1c??
Reply 7
Original post by Ejones987
I thought 1b was something like 'outline the impacts on human activities of one or more extreme weather events' . I wrote about the impacts on katrina eg. Flooding, transport routes blocked. I hope that is ok! It was such a bad paper. What did you talk about for 1c??

yeah same but everyone is now saying what human activities caused extreme weather, e.g burning fossil fuels, so who knows.

I talked about green peace- saving the arctic- successful.
Plane Stupid- protests - not successful
wbu? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Emma1818
yeah same but everyone is now saying what human activities caused extreme weather, e.g burning fossil fuels, so who knows.

I talked about green peace- saving the arctic- successful.
Plane Stupid- protests - not successful
wbu? :smile:

I made up most things for 1c because we hadn't really learnt the successes in class. I talked about more people with solar panels, wider use of electric cars. Also on 1b i don't think it would ask the human causes of specific extreme weather events so I think we did the right thing..hopefully!
Reply 9
Original post by Ejones987
I made up most things for 1c because we hadn't really learnt the successes in class. I talked about more people with solar panels, wider use of electric cars. Also on 1b i don't think it would ask the human causes of specific extreme weather events so I think we did the right thing..hopefully!

Sounds good... As long as you said how successful they are then it should be fine :smile: I thought that the 5 markers were okay apart from the last one with all the intervals..!
Reply 10
I wrote about the impacts of an extreme weather event, hope thats right

Then wrote about Kyoto Policy for 1c, i think thats wrong though
Reply 11
For 1b I wrote about the heat wave in Paris, and the effects of rising sea level in Tuvalu but I'm worried because I dong think the sea level rise is an extreme weather event. Also did 1b ask for one or more?
Reply 12
I wrote about a Heatweave too!😅

And it did say one or more- well hopefully it did cause I talked about rain and heatwave
Reply 13
At least it said one or more because at least if the sea level is wrong the heatwave is right!!
For 1B I said about an La Niña event, but 'human activites' is so vague:frown: 2C was a horror show with conservative and tectonic plate boundaries:frown: I didn't even use convection currents, and you need thhat for top marks apparently. 2A was also hard... Hope you all did alright! Least we have human to back it up:smile:
Reply 15
Yeah 2c... I didn't even revise tectonics that much, I focused on rivers and climate more. Yeah 2a was hard to word also... Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low... And yeah human is better I think, as you use more case studies close to home :smile:
What did everyone write for 2b? All I could think about was convection current and that was it😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
For 1 B i wrote about the enchanced green house effect (anthogenic) causing insulation and warming oceans so it increases wind speeds and creats tropical storms such as hurricanes over the gulf of mexico eg hurricane katrina. 2005 I also wrote about defforresation effecting the rate of interception in a drainage basin so there is more intense flooding. Eg pakistan floods 2005 where 77% deforestation occurred. Wish i wrote about el nino/la nina because basically this is what i was hinting :frown:
I drew diagrams and spoke about 'slab pull'. Also used case studies such as mid Atlantic ridge and the San andreas fault, but only wrote a few sentences:/
Reply 19
I didn't include examples for 2c for plates as my mind went completely blank and couldn't remember any! Will this lose me many marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending