The Student Room Group

GCSE French AQA 12th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What did you get about the couple and the celebrity? everyone found it easy in my set. i didn't think that it was easy but it wasn't too hard
Original post by helloitsmee
Wait i remember writing FAMM, but i remember something about dad making food oh gosh i better just go and revise rs for tomorrow

Haha I've got RS too! Good luck!!
Reply 82
Original post by ChloexCharlotte
I think it was her best friend only discovered her husbands true character after 2 years of marriage??

That's what I put :smile:
Original post by kwstudent
Yeah same...
I think it was the first of that section the results of global warming
- I put drought - i heard seche & terre which = drought?? everyone - wot did u put?

They said the earth was dry but that led to forest fires so I put forest fires
Original post by Thinedivine
For the on versa one what did you put, T/F/?
Don't worry, we all found it hard and I'm usually the one who does well but I was truly stumped on so many so lets hope the boundaries go down!

i did F cause even though I now remember what it means, i was completely blank at the time. they shouldnt actually be making a whole mark dependent on just one word, i mean normally i can figure out the context but here the answer relied on knowing the meaning of just one word. the thing is i screwed up on speaking so i was relying on my 60ums for listening and reading to get me to an A*, but my hopes are low now :frown: Hopefully!! They better put them down or we should get our schools to bully AQA like they got bullied when they made the 2012 English gcse hard
Haha I've got RS too! Good luck!!

AQA Unit 2 by any chance?
Original post by chloexcharlotte
they said the earth was dry but that led to forest fires so i put forest fires

yes i put fires!
Original post by ChloexCharlotte
They said the earth was dry but that led to forest fires so I put forest fires

yeah could be that too... cant w8 for the mark scheme - the *sighs of relief and frustration* will be massive IUKWIM !!! :biggrin:
Yeah I put ? too and I thought the quinze hours was how long she was there but not sure at all because I kinda missed it.
I also put community spirit :smile: and temperature because it said she had to spend freezing nights in a tent.. But it definitely could be wrong!
How did your classmates find it then?:smile:

All I heard was la guerre, which I know means war, so that's what I put
AQA Unit 2 by any chance?

Yep that's the one!
And in response to your other message, I'm exactly the same because I really needed full ums but I'm really unsure now:frown:
Original post by Fia2k16
yes i heard 'deboisement' which means deforestation i put it for one i cant remember which one though, what did everyone get for the christmas one ? where it asked about her & her mum & dad?

Yeah but global warming can't cause trees to be chopped down!
Reply 91
Just to subtract from the worry - my teacher reckons the grade boundaries will be as follows: 19 = C; 23 = B; 26 = A and 30 = A*!

What do you all think?
Yep that's the one!
And in response to your other message, I'm exactly the same because I really needed full ums but I'm really unsure now:frown:

Do you go to school in Bucks? I do too, sorry I kinda looked at your profile :redface:
Original post by jam98
I had P, then when I got to the end and saw there hadn't been any other P/Ns, so I changed it to P/N - everyone else in my French group did that as well, so hopefully it's right

I did exactly the same. I questioned whether noise had anything to do with school meals but kept staring at the words 'school meals' and decided that it could mean the process of getting school meals as well because usually they don't put in such a mean trick in positive/negative questions.
Do you go to school in Bucks? I do too, sorry I kinda looked at your profile :redface:

Yeah I do! In Marlow, you?
Reply 95
Did anyone else notice how deep some of the voices were? The floor actually oscillated!
Original post by AliWard
Did anyone else notice how deep some of the voices were? The floor actually oscillated!

yeh - made the table vibrate with us!! haha
i put rising sea levels and that was the biggest guess cause i didn't catch a word. really hope that miraculously or accidentally gets accepted :frown:

omg i heard the word l'inondation and I completely forgot what it meant and it was frustrating me so much:angry: so in the end i just guessed rising sea levels- then I remembered at the end l'inondation was flooding and i'm also hoping somehow they accept that :colondollar:
Original post by ChelK321
omg i heard the word l'inondation and I completely forgot what it meant and it was frustrating me so much:angry: so in the end i just guessed rising sea levels- then I remembered at the end l'inondation was flooding and i'm also hoping somehow they accept that :colondollar:

yeh i wrote floods - i remembered l'inondation cuz our french teacher likened it to being 'inondated with water' IUKWIM.... So yeah i reckon we got a mark ther :biggrin:
Seeing all of this is so reassuring because at one point I was just thinking i was going mad with the school meals one- ok does noise affect her opinion on school meals or not? i was over thinking so much lol i ended up putting P/N as well...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending