The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B1 12 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Im such an idiot i wrote for my working out 39.5g remaining but on the dotted line i wrotw 36.5g will i still get a mark??
It's mere extrapolation from the fact that mucus blocks the tubes between the pancreas for example and the intestines when enzymes are passed through them. This was confirmed by a senior biology teacher at my school.
Reply 302
Original post by Serkan Marasli
My school said that they were going to contact Edexcel and ask them to remove it as it wasnt in the syllabus. If enough people contact them, they will remove it.

oh ok thanks , i think my school contacted edexcel to remove it too which is good
Reply 303
What did you have to specifically write for the last 6 marker? How high do you think the grade boundaries will be?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AA99
What did you have to specifically write for the last 6 marker? How high do you think the grade boundaries will be?

Which Paper?
Reply 305
Original post by HarryKane28
Which Paper?

B1
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aa99
b1

51/60 a*
43/60 a
35/60 b
29/60 c
21/60 d
I think it was something to do with mucus as an effect of cystic fibrosis blocking the passage ways where seimen would be released
Reply 308
Hey im doin the same exam and im in year nine, anyone mind sending me some of the high mark answers😁😁
Reply 309
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
Oh Oh ok
bmind sending me amy answers u remember because im going to do that test soon
Original post by Taywha
Hey im doin the same exam and im in year nine, anyone mind sending me some of the high mark answers😁😁

Just learn three examples of mutualism, go over blood glucose regulation, eutrophication, pH, punnett squares (remember Hunttigton's disease is caused by a dominant allele). Why has smoking been reduced? why does CF increase infertility. Don't waste time on Nitrogen or carbon cycle.
Original post by amanii_ox
I think 41 is a B grade only because they have raised the grade boundaries! But think good about the test because you could still possibly get an A :smile:

Thanks! I did get a B in the end but I am happy as I was doing this exam in year 9.
Reply 312
What did you guys put for the regulation of blood glucose
Reply 313
Was classification in the exam??
Reply 314
Original post by ANDYFC16
It was quite easy but the mutualism question just went out of my head completely. I knew about the plant and bacteria but the others went out of my head.

What was the plant and bacteria one like??
Can you tell me the questions u remember?
Can someone pkease tell me ALL the questions they remember and was classification in it??!
I can post the paper if you want?
Yes that would be great
Yes please the 2015 one?
Original post by mayamiami
I can post the paper if you want?

Quick Reply

Latest