The Student Room Group

AQA AS German exam 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 20Emily1998
Aw thank you I hope so! I want to do it next year but if I get a B don't know whether to carry on or not, I think my speaking went quite well but it's just if ive done enough on the paper! I think I lost about 4 marks on listening and 4 on reading and maybe some on grammar so I hope ive written a good essay!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's really good! last year you could lose 29 marks out of 160 and get an A. if you've lost about 10 for the reading/listening, say 5 for the essay and 5 for the speaking (because it went well) then you'll comfortably get an A.
Original post by tanyapotter
that's really good! last year you could lose 29 marks out of 160 and get an A. if you've lost about 10 for the reading/listening, say 5 for the essay and 5 for the speaking (because it went well) then you'll comfortably get an A.

Aw thanks! that doesn't sound too bad when you put it like that! really really hope so! :smile:
Guys question - at the end of the paper I wrote 12 in the box for the essay when j actually answered 11 ( was so stressed wrote the wrong number in the box!) do you think that the examiner will give me 0 for the essay now or will still mark it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys question - at the end of the paper I wrote 12 in the box for the essay when j actually answered 11 ( was so stressed wrote the wrong number in the box!) do you think that the examiner will give me 0 for the essay now or will still mark it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't be a problem, they'll more than likely notice and mark accordingly. Contact AQA, I think you can get them to put a note in with your paper to notify the examiner
Original post by midgemeister7
Shouldn't be a problem, they'll more than likely notice and mark accordingly. Contact AQA, I think you can get them to put a note in with your paper to notify the examiner

Okay thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else do question number 12, the one on Friendship? I feel I may be one of the only ones to..... I was thinking of doing Werbung but I thought it would be hard to be original?? :smile:
Original post by sanfrancisco-x
Think that was quite a good exam, managed to write a lot for the essay (sport) :smile:

My teacher reckoned it was einladet and überlebt... Anyone else get begann for the beginnen one?

The einladen one was einlaedt (with an umlaut instead of ae) buuuut yes I also got begann! We have a german assistant at our school (she is a native german) who said that begann is correct :smile:
Reply 147
How do ppl remember what they put I couldnt even remember my candidate number:biggrin:
Reply 148
Original post by lucyx
Anyone here planning on German for A2? :smile:
I'm not sure atm...

Hey. It really depends on how much you like German. I assume your doing four subjects at the moment and will drop one? If you really like German, that should motivate you to do it. However, if you only like it then perhaps you should consider a few things.
German at A2 is interesting and fun, however a lot more is expected of you. Depending on the other A Levels you do, a language can be a bit MUCH. So I'd suggest asking yourself:
1, Do I REALLY like German enough to continue with it?
2, Have I been able to cope with it at AS Level?
3, Do I think my AS grade is a good indicator that I can continue with it?
Hope this helps
Original post by yebszy
Hey. It really depends on how much you like German. I assume your doing four subjects at the moment and will drop one? If you really like German, that should motivate you to do it. However, if you only like it then perhaps you should consider a few things.
German at A2 is interesting and fun, however a lot more is expected of you. Depending on the other A Levels you do, a language can be a bit MUCH. So I'd suggest asking yourself:
1, Do I REALLY like German enough to continue with it?
2, Have I been able to cope with it at AS Level?
3, Do I think my AS grade is a good indicator that I can continue with it?
Hope this helps

Is german A2 a big step up from AS then?
From what I remember:/ guess I think I may have got around 64/65 out for 75 on the listening and reading and possibly 25 on the essay, and possibly 47 on the speaking, would this be enough for an A, do you reckon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what I remember:/ guess I think I may have got around 64/65 out for 75 on the listening and reading and possibly 25 on the essay, and possibly 47 on the speaking, would this be enough for an A, do you reckon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think that'll be more than enough for an A
i think that'll be more than enough for an A

I hope so! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by Isabel29
Is german A2 a big step up from AS then?

Yes. There is more vocab to be learnt which can often be very topic specific i.e. the same word can be used in two different topics but have a different meaning for both of them. With regards to grammar, it is mainly revising grammar- no new grammar rules/ concepts that you aren't already familiar with already, really.

I guess a plus to A2 German that there is less topics to cover in comparison to AS.
As a whole, German at A2 is a lot more relevant to the real world and you learn a lot more about Germany. For example, Germans are super keen on recycling which you'd learn in the Environment topic
Original post by yebszy
Yes. There is more vocab to be learnt which can often be very topic specific i.e. the same word can be used in two different topics but have a different meaning for both of them. With regards to grammar, it is mainly revising grammar- no new grammar rules/ concepts that you aren't already familiar with already, really.

I guess a plus to A2 German that there is less topics to cover in comparison to AS.
As a whole, German at A2 is a lot more relevant to the real world and you learn a lot more about Germany. For example, Germans are super keen on recycling which you'd learn in the Environment topic

how hard would you say it would be for a non-native speaker to get an A* at A2 in german?
Reply 155
how hard would you say it would be for a non-native speaker to get an A* at A2 in german?

The exam board of AQA is very tough with their awarding of marks that literally no one gets A*s, practically unheard of. Work as hard as you can. The highest people usually get is a B-an A if they are very committed to German.

In order to get a chance of getting an A/A*
-Do as well as you can on both the speaking and exam paper- most people find that their speaking grade 'saves' them as you've prepared for it in advance for some time.

-It is only possible to get an A grade at AS and an A*at A2. So aim for an A at AS, an A* for your A2 speaking and an A grade on the A2 exam paper to get an A/A* grade overall.

-Another point is that, don't lose easy marks. When you get to A2 your listening skills are so good, that you can literally do the listening section of the paper 'with your eyes closed'. As I said before, do as well as you can o the speaking exam and that will definitely help your grade overall

You can aim for whatever grade you want, it all depends on how much effort and work you put in to get it :smile:
Original post by Dr. Swiftie
Thats what i put :biggrin:

I put gehoerte (or whatever it was) for the first one
geschuetzen for the second (i think)
zahlen for the one about taxes or whatever and I can't remember the rest

Do we think that the grade boundaries are going to be slightly lower??? I am so worried about this exam. I usually do okay on german but the grammar and the music section were hell.
So how's everyone feeling about results day? What do you all think you've got in German? :smile:
Original post by Atomicmat
So how's everyone feeling about results day? What do you all think you've got in German? :smile:

Be lucky to get a B I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
Be lucky to get a B I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel exactly the same! I'm going to be resitting probably..think it's my speaking that'll bring it down! I need an A so I have slack for year 13, id love to do it at uni 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending