The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology Paper 1B - 12th May 2015

Just wondering how everyone found the biology paper today? I thought some questions were quite challenging, but generally, it wasn't too bad!

Scroll to see replies

I had to check the front page to see it was higher, it was so damn easy I couldn't believe it. They will probably increase the grade boundaries because everyone I know said it was easy. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2
Loved it. What did people put for why its common to cut sperm duct rather than oviducts?
Wat did u write??
Reply 4
Original post by Mockingjay2101
Wat did u write??

Less complex and easier to access but wasn't really sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said that the oviduct was inside the woman's body and so would require invasive surgery but the testes were outside and wouldn't... What did everyone get for the one about lily pads and guard cells?? And about the upland and lowland rice??
Reply 6
Guard cells are on top on a water lily as underwater gases would not be able to diffuse etc. And lowland rice get extra nutrients of to leeching through the soil I think...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Posted from TSR Mobile

What did people get for the mass of growth hormone for the control group?
Original post by aahmad
Posted from TSR Mobile

What did people get for the mass of growth hormone for the control group?

0g!
Reply 9
Original post by Freaksandgeeks
I said that the oviduct was inside the woman's body and so would require invasive surgery but the testes were outside and wouldn't... What did everyone get for the one about lily pads and guard cells?? And about the upland and lowland rice??

I put for upland and lowland that nutrients in the sooil may be dofferent. Was the question on the plant functions, structure D stomata or guard cells?
Is it just me or did we have reeeally less time compared to how long the paper was?
Bc i had to leave the entire second last page and the one before that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did everyone get 20 for the number of stomata on the lily?
guard cells
Original post by Strangerdanger
Is it just me or did we have reeeally less time compared to how long the paper was?
Bc i had to leave the entire second last page and the one before that

Posted from TSR Mobile

it really did feel like we had less time...I had about 9 large questions left to be answered when it was 15 minutes to time!
Original post by farhanaakhtar17
Did everyone get 20 for the number of stomata on the lily?

wasn't it 86??
Reply 15
Original post by MaliniHalai
wasn't it 86??

No it was 20. For the sechi disk was it 22
I got 22 for the Sechi disk question too. Did you get October for the month though for the most depths?
Yes October had 4 readings higher than any other month, April was the month where people could not swim because the pollution level was considerably high as the disk disappeared early which means that the water was not clear and therefore polluted !!
what was the answer about heart attacks and why they occur when there is less oxygen in the body?
Original post by MaliniHalai
it really did feel like we had less time...I had about 9 large questions left to be answered when it was 15 minutes to time!

Right! I really need to ace paper 2 cuz I doubt I'd get more than 50%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply