The Student Room Group

First time sex - screwed up

hello everyone. Am 17 and had sex for the first time the other night with a guy i had only met the day before and was on holiday will never see him again. really horrible night - we were in the toilets of a nightclub. whats worse... we didnt use any protection (were quite drunk) and am kind of worried now. are there clinics you can go to anonymously to be checked out? dont want to see my gp about this - dont wwant to be embarassed in front of him for ever more. the whole experience was pretty horrible, and yeah i know i am a total fool for not using protection. advice...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Clearly not a gay girl as he/she mentioned having sex with a guy...
Reply 2
a girl.
Reply 4
The family planning association (http://www.fpa.org.uk/helpnow/where/) can help you find a GUM clinic, or look in your phone book. Normally there's a centre at your nearest hospital, although you should call and find out first, and you can buy emergency contraception over the counter at pharmacies too... although you DO need to be checked out for STIs. A medical professional can advise you on that one.

On a different note, please be careful, we're in the middle of a world-wide HIV and AIDS crisis if the news hadn't escaped you.
Reply 5
OK listen, there are Family Planning Clinics in most places which are anonymous. My mum works at one so I know about this. They just want to help and it's entirely confidential and free.

If you can't find such a place, listen dear, embarassment is better than a kid.

You need a morning after pill as quickly as possible. The longer you leave it the more dangerous.
Reply 6
I'm wondering why someone would have sex for the first time in the toilets of a nightlclub.or why anyone would have sex in the toilets of a nightclub-those places are truly disgusting.
Reply 7
Elondra
I'm wondering why someone would have sex for the first time in the toilets of a nightlclub.or why anyone would have sex in the toilets of a nightclub-those places are truly disgusting.

oh god i couldn't agree more. i was very very drunk (not an excuse, just a reason) and he was 24 and i was kind of just going along with him. but yes, nightclub toilets are disgusting.

to everyone else thankyou i have found a clinic in my area so will be going shortly.
Reply 8
Was at work today (boots) and noticed that you can buy a chlamidia test, although maybe it's better to get it done for free
Go to your GP and you will get sent to a GUM Clinic. All I can say is never get in that situation again-carry a condom with you on a night off, it is being responsible. Do get checked out because if you have caught anything, it will be easier to treat the earlier it has been diagnosed.
Reply 10
just thought, dont know what to expect at all at the GUM clinic. do they take blood?
Reply 11
sorry for being so rude about it though... I was just so SHOCKED by what you did!

i shall pray for you (assuming the christian apologetics let me in)
Reply 12
ps just go to the brook or something, nothingto be ashamed about - they've heard/seen worse, i'm sure of it
Reply 13
If you go to your GU Clinic they will check you for all STIs and for pregnancy. You normally have to give your name, but the information obtained stays with them. They see it all every day, so don't be embarassed!
Reply 14
Anonymous
just thought, dont know what to expect at all at the GUM clinic. do they take blood?

Yes.
Anonymous

Yeah, for HIV tests and for syphillus, I think it is? For everything else they just take swabs. Not sure if you have to book HIV tests separately sometimes?

Don't feel ashamed, you did something silly but you know you did and hopefully you'll have learned from that and won't do it again. The people at the clinic will have heard much worse than what basically boils down to having unprotected sex, once. You don't need to give them the details.
Reply 16
carasplash
If you go to your GU Clinic they will check you for all STIs and for pregnancy. You normally have to give your name, but the information obtained stays with them. They see it all every day, so don't be embarassed!

You can give a false name if you like, just try to remember it in case you have to go back to get results etc!
Reply 17
Did no one else laugh at the "screwed up" part? :frown:
:frown: yes.... shame on me.

Everyone here has given the best advice, just do it, and learn from ye mistakes :smile:!
Reply 19
thankyou, have learnt for sure. just looking forward to getting it sorted now. thanks again everyone

Latest

Trending

Trending