The Student Room Group

AQA Certificate in Biology (IGCSE) Paper 1 - Answers

So just did Paper 1 AQA IGCSE biology today and wanted to get the majority of the answers :biggrin:
Original post by Marvin16
So just did Paper 1 AQA IGCSE biology today and wanted to get the majority of the answers :biggrin:

Same I just did paper 1, for the question on the experiment in the middle after the water level in the tube with the plant in it, what did you get?
Reply 2
Original post by YungChicken
Same I just did paper 1, for the question on the experiment in the middle after the water level in the tube with the plant in it, what did you get?

If you mean the one about water consumption by the plant i got 5,4,0.4 but i dont think its right.
If you mean the one about water consumption by the plant i got 5,4,0.4 but i dont think its right.

Same here <3
What did you get for the question about what would happen to the plant LEAVES if the temperature of the potometer increased?

Yes it is right
I said that the leaves would wilt as too much water would be absorbed in the cells. Therefore the stomata would close up as the guard cells become turgid and CO2 can't get in the plant so photosynthesis can't occur.
Don't know if that's right though.
Original post by studentgenius1
I said that the leaves would wilt as too much water would be absorbed in the cells. Therefore the stomata would close up as the guard cells become turgid and CO2 can't get in the plant so photosynthesis can't occur.
Don't know if that's right though.

Did you find that question confusing as the water level in the tube increased? Shouldn't it decrease if it's using up water? I really feel like I messed up on that question

which part of the paper was the water consumption on?
Reply 8
Did you find that question confusing as the water level in the tube increased? Shouldn't it decrease if it's using up water? I really feel like I messed up on that question

I thought the exact same thing! Must have been an inverted scale or something odd
I thought the exact same thing! Must have been an inverted scale or something odd

How did you answer the question when it said they added a fan to the leaves what happened to the water?
I said how the increase in wind acting on the leaves caused evaporation to occur faster. So more water is lost from the plant due to evaporation, the volume of water taken in will increase as the plant draws up more water.

Yeah I did in the exam but I think I managed to do it correctly, afterwards I realised that the numbers on the scale must start at 0 at the top then go down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending