The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Cat A prices are so stupid. And putting Arsenal v Liverpool on a Monday night, really?!

There are still at least 500 tickets available.
Memz Doggi is the worst.
Anyone see IndyKaila get trolled by KFC yesterday?
Original post by The Shed End
Anyone see IndyKaila get trolled by KFC yesterday?

The reply is incredible. Completely parred him off

Are you guys all on Twitter then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4044
I'm not on twitter, and gladly so judging by what goes on there.

We've been linked to all sorts of players recently & its more likely that non of them will happen. Papers are now linking us to Busquets :lol:

Genuinely don't see us signing anyone else this summer
Reply 4045
Which is actually not disastrous. We have two XIs capable of being getting results:-
Cech
Bellerin Mert Kosc Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Ox Ozil Alexis
Giroud

Theo
Welbeck Wilshere Gnabry
Santi Coq
Gibbs Gabriel Chambers Debuchy
Ospina
Obviously in an ideal world it'll be a mixture of the two, even with rotations but it just shows that we actually have depth, and good squad depth at that.

I honestly don't know what our strongest will be tbh, and without injuries it would mean that there will be a LOT of competition in midfield. I would probably go with:-
Giroud
Alexis Ozil Theo
Ramsey Coq
Monreal Kosc Mert Bellerin
Cech
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Which is actually not disastrous. We have two XIs capable of being getting results:-
Cech
Bellerin Mert Kosc Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Ox Ozil Alexis
Giroud

Theo
Welbeck Wilshere Gnabry
Santi Coq
Gibbs Gabriel Chambers Debuchy
Ospina
Obviously in an ideal world it'll be a mixture of the two, even with rotations but it just shows that we actually have depth, and good squad depth at that.

I honestly don't know what our strongest will be tbh, and without injuries it would mean that there will be a LOT of competition in midfield. I would probably go with:-
Giroud
Alexis Ozil Theo
Ramsey Coq
Monreal Kosc Mert Bellerin
Cech

I think Cazorla must be a first teamer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4047
Original post by qwerty_mad
I think Cazorla must be a first teamer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was thinking this too tbh, that would mean shifting Ramsey to the RW to accommodate Santi in the middle. Which worked fine for the end of last season but I do think we got a lot more out of Ramsey in the middle.

Ideally, I'd like to see Santi playing as a No. 10.. rotating with Ozil every now and then.

Having said that though, we're in four competitions.. and we're injury prone.. so he's bound to be a regular at some point
Out of interest, are you guys bothered or not if Arsene leaves the squad as it is now and brings no one else in?

Still think you may get a striker but really can't see who.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
Out of interest, are you guys bothered or not if Arsene leaves the squad as it is now and brings no one else in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a question of whether we can bring in anyone who improves the first team. Not enough room in the squad for more bench fodder. I'm sure wenger wants to add a quality striker but there is a lack of elite strikers in the game atm, they're all at top clubs too. I would like to see us try to bring someone in but if we can't sign anyone elite I'm willing to wait till next transfer window. The team is strong as it is and the players seem to have a great understanding on the pitch.

I think we will mount a title challenge with the team as it is but wouldn't back us to win it without a better striker.
Reply 4050
Original post by De Chirico
It's a question of whether we can bring in anyone who improves the first team. Not enough room in the squad for more bench fodder. I'm sure wenger wants to add a quality striker but there is a lack of elite strikers in the game atm, they're all at top clubs too. I would like to see us try to bring someone in but if we can't sign anyone elite I'm willing to wait till next transfer window. The team is strong as it is and the players seem to have a great understanding on the pitch.

I think we will mount a title challenge with the team as it is but wouldn't back us to win it without a better striker.

This.

Besides, I do think Giroud is getting better and better. We get the goals we need tbh.
Doesn't Giroud only start banging them in when his first team future is supposedly under threat?
I think we still need a DM who is at or above Coq's level for competition and competent depth tbh. No player should be undisputed in their position. I don't think Arteta and Flamini are competent back up's tbh especially Arteta.
Isn't Flamini away to Turkey for £4m~?

Which means Arteta plays when Coquelin is injured or needs a rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have to get at least one of a forward/striker or a defensive midfielder to stand any chance.

We have 0% chance of winning the title with Coquelin and Giroud in the first XI. With one of them we have a chance.
Original post by shawn_o1
Doesn't Giroud only start banging them in when his first team future is supposedly under threat?

Would make sense.

Start of 13/14 - talk of a striker - bangs them in, has a good start to the season.

November to March of last season with the signing of Welbeck, he comes back and does really well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not bothered. Seen enough football at this stage to realise that one more transfer is not the silver bullet people delude themselves that it is.

Given the age profile of most of our players and Wenger's ability to progressively improve players, you'd expect a natural boost from nearly all our attacking players anyway, Walcott's coming into his peak years so if he is going to produce these mythical 20 goals seasons then now is the time. Think AOC, Welbeck and Ramsey can give more this season too.

Ozil looks like he's ready to have a top season based on pre season(he didnt have a pre season 2013 or 2014...) and everything looks pretty good to me generally. Mentally we're in a much better place with the Cup wins and now Petr Cech too. So I think Arsenal are pretty much nailed on for an 80+ season but we'll probably have to rely on Chelsea to suffer injuries to Hazard/Terry to finish ahead of them.

Wenger will not be signing anyone else though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by angelfox
We have to get at least one of a forward/striker or a defensive midfielder to stand any chance.

We have 0% chance of winning the title with Coquelin and Giroud in the first XI. With one of them we have a chance.

And yet had we signed Coquelin for £25m in January and seen him produce 7/10 every week since you wouldnt blink an eye at him in the XI....

Coquelin is a fine player, he'll be fine.
My team for the chavs

Cech (c)
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Walcott Ozil AOC
Giroud

Cazorla will probably play, in place of AOC no doubt. Hopefully Gabriel gets on at half time, he could use some experience against a top side.

Pretty confident generally though. Expect us to win 3-1.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
My team for the chavs

Cech (c)
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Walcott Ozil AOC
Giroud

Cazorla will probably play, in place of AOC no doubt. Hopefully Gabriel gets on at half time, he could use some experience against a top side.

Pretty confident generally though. Expect us to win 3-1.

But what about Hector man?!

He's so perfect for us. :colondollar:

Latest