The Student Room Group

I'm engaged to this girl but I don't know if I should marry her

I think she's really in love with my best friend, but the funny thing is my best friend is bi and I think he's in love with me. What to do? Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I think she's really in love with my best friend, but the funny thing is my best friend is bi and I think he's in love with me. What to do? Any advice?

Lol love triangle.

Tell your friend that you are just friends.
Tell yo woman that if she don't keep her eyes in the right place its over.

Just kidding.

Obviously if she fancies your friend you don't want to be marrying her. She can't be trusted.
Reply 2
If you don't like your best friend back, then tell him straight up. He'll take it fine (probably). Your fiancee is trickier. Ask your best friend if he's noticed her giving him signs or anything, and if not, then I'd mention it to her, but very discreetly. You need to be sure that she's not going to cheat on you if you're gonna marry her. I hope it works out for you.
Reply 3
You're engaged to 'this girl' and you dont know if you want to get married to this person...? What the hell is wrong with the world nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by NutE
You're engaged to 'this girl' and you dont know if you want to get married to this person...? What the hell is wrong with the world nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am I supposed to say their names?
Reply 5
Original post by TheCas27
If you don't like your best friend back, then tell him straight up. He'll take it fine (probably). Your fiancee is trickier. Ask your best friend if he's noticed her giving him signs or anything, and if not, then I'd mention it to her, but very discreetly. You need to be sure that she's not going to cheat on you if you're gonna marry her. I hope it works out for you.

Like 3 years ago I was experimenting at Uni and I slept with him. Turns out I didn't like it. We remained friends, but maybe he's jealous of her and would take away just to prove to me that she's no good to get with me? Idk, I'm guessing.
Reply 6
Am I supposed to say their names?

She's your fiance, she's not some random 'girl'. 'This girl' just suggests you don't even feel anything for her. It's like she's some random chick

Posted from TSR Mobile
loooooooool you go yourself into a love triangle lmao
Reply 8
Original post by NutE
She's your fiance, she's not some random 'girl'. 'This girl' just suggests you don't even feel anything for her. It's like she's some random chick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't really matter what I call her on here because I'm upset
Reply 9

Wow. Yeah I don't think you should marry her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then don't.
Get a divorce 😂😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

You're right. NutE is being nit-picky. You don't need to refer to her as "my fiancee". You should, when sorting this out, prioritize yourself above your friend and fiancee, because marrying someone is a pretty life-defining decision. Hope it works out for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending