U6 how do u find it and what did you use to prep for it
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Abdel_97
Hi
U6 how do u find it and what did you use to prep for it

Hi
I find unit 6 weird at times, like really weird. I mean, have you seen the sample assessment material questions for unit 6? I almost punched a hole through my computer screen after I checked the MS :angry: . But anyways, go over the markscheme, write down answers of questions you get wrong, and read over them before the exam.
I'm really surprised to see that there's no other thread for U6 (to the extent of my knowledge). Either everyone sitting for that exam is a teacher, or I just don't get U6:colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by X3X4fr
Hi
I find unit 6 weird at times, like really weird. I mean, have you seen the sample assessment material questions for unit 6? I almost punched a hole through my computer screen after I checked the MS :angry: . But anyways, go over the markscheme, write down answers of questions you get wrong, and read over them before the exam.
I'm really surprised to see that there's no other thread for U6 (to the extent of my knowledge). Either everyone sitting for that exam is a teacher, or I just don't get U6:colondollar:

I just had a look at it and the moment I saw the magnetic flux question I gave up
Reply 3
Original post by Abdel_97
I just had a look at it and the moment I saw the magnetic flux question I gave up

LOL:biggrin::biggrin:
That Q is just a part of you worries. For the uncertainty in time, they took reaction time as the U. First time in 6 papers I see reaction time being taken as the uncertainty. And that too is 0.5 s, not 0.1 or 0.2. I'm seriously worried what on Earth is going to happen tomorrow
:facepalm: i have no ideaof this paper i tried 2014 paper it was easy but dunno what experiments to go through and i cant rember some of the contents in unit 5.these uncertanities and **** making me crazy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can some one Give me a list of precision for different equipments :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by SOREN_TORETTO
:facepalm: i have no ideaof this paper i tried 2014 paper it was easy but dunno what experiments to go through and i cant rember some of the contents in unit 5.these uncertanities and **** making me crazy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'e not the only one. I've about lost my cool with the stuff Edexcel gives us in exams. I literally don't know what to do right now. A part of of me just wants to give up and play skyrim, while the more mature part of is soiling its pants and thinking of something, something, to study.
Original post by X3X4fr
Hi

Could you link me to the sample assessments, I don't think I've come across them before.
Reply 8
Original post by thymolphthalein
Could you link me to the sample assessments, I don't think I've come across them before.

It's in the IAL section, under specifications and sample assessment materials.
Original post by X3X4fr
It's in the IAL section, under specifications and sample assessment materials.

Ah, got it. Thanks. I usually use a bookmark straight to the past papers which explains why I've never seen these before.
I'm having problems with the experiments. What experiments should i study?
Original post by SOREN_TORETTO
Can some one Give me a list of precision for different equipments :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were taught that;

Meter rule: 1mm
Vernier caliper: 0.1mm
Micrometer: 0.01mm
Stopwatch: 0.01s

Unless they give a different precision in the question. :smile:

There's also precision of balance which I think is generally 0.1 g, but I am not so sure about this one.
Reply 12
Original post by AhmedBilal
I'm having problems with the experiments. What experiments should i study?

Here you go. Credit goes to the person who's username is in the document.
what is the reaction time?
Reply 14
Original post by ozbilege
what is the reaction time?

I've always thought it to be 0.1 s, and that's what I have read from TSR itself, but this one question uses 0.5-1 s, which I frankly think is absurd.
Original post by X3X4fr
I've always thought it to be 0.1 s, and that's what I have read from TSR itself, but this one question uses 0.5-1 s, which I frankly think is absurd.

Reply 16
Original post by ozbilege

My pleasure. In times like these, we Unit 6ers must unite against our satanic foe
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by X3X4fr
My pleasure. In times like this, we Unit 6ers must unite against our satanic foe

have you done bio u6 today?
Original post by X3X4fr

Here you go. Credit goes to the person who's username is in the document.

Thank you :smile:
Can anyone explain to me how a set square is actually used in measuring distances?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending