The Student Room Group

Should London underground implement women's only coach?

Scroll to see replies

So we're segregating ourselves now? We are going backwards!
Original post by Unown Uzer
That may be because men do not want to be discriminated against by a bunch of misandrists.

It's not being discriminated against. There would still be a lot of perfectly functioning carriages. It's no worse than not getting on a train because it was too full. You can't argue that men get harassed as much as women, so it's not the same. It's no different to having a quiet carriage, or first class (obviously these examples are on trains and not the underground, but still.)

From what I see it's a lot of men saying the issue is not sufficient for a woman to be able to make a choice to place her in an environment where she is far, far less likely to have a problem with harassment.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hycurrie
I am a woman!

....did you even read my post I literally said not all
Original post by hycurrie
Well that is everyone’s go to defense! They say they want to have a separate coach for woman due to being "felt up" which would be done by anyone attracted to them, regardless of actual gender, so yes "what about lesbians?" is very relevant. I am in no way homophobic, but I can see the point why should Men be singled out and no one else. I mean not every Man has the intention of paying lets face it obscene amount of money just to touch a sweaty bum or grab a bit of stranger boob no! I think some of the girls who think they are being felt up and purely wishful thinking secretly hoping that a stranger finds them hot and they love it!

I think that this is a ridiculous idea at the end of the day I'm all for woman having rights but for them to have the same rights as men no lower no higher. If you're thinking along these lines maybe we should have trains for different nationalities, different ages, different hair colour, that makes about as much logical sense as this!

'I think some of the girls who think they are being felt up and purely wishful thinking secretly hoping that a stranger finds them hot and they love it!'

can you
please
get your head out of your ass
and don't tell women who feel violated that they liked it

and no, it wouldn't be 'done by anyone attracted to them, regardless of actual gender'
how many times have you been catcalled by a woman on the street
how many times have you been felt up by a woman
i'm not saying it couldn't happen but the occurrence must be ridiculously small in comparison

aside from the fact that LESBIANS HAVE THIS PROBLEM JUST AS MUCH AS OTHER WOMEN
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lucaf
Absolutely not. If sexual harassment/assault on the tube was a more common occurrence then maybe, but London is hardly India. As it is it would simply do more harm than good, segregating people just promotes distrust and dehumanisation.

wow. really, wow.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-most-indian-women-feel-safe-travelling-solo-in-india-says-survey-2066468

if you google india not dangerous for women, it'll come up with pages upon pages of western media denouncing india as a hell-hole for women.

remember, most of what you know is what you've been fed by western, white male dominated media.

Regarding OP; maybe it'd be alright, and I wouldn't object to it but I don't think it's entirely necessary. I think it would be quite cool though, though it could promote segregation.
Reply 85
Original post by Guills on wheels
wow. really, wow.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-most-indian-women-feel-safe-travelling-solo-in-india-says-survey-2066468

if you google india not dangerous for women, it'll come up with pages upon pages of western media denouncing india as a hell-hole for women.

remember, most of what you know is what you've been fed by western, white male dominated media.

Regarding OP; maybe it'd be alright, and I wouldn't object to it but I don't think it's entirely necessary. I think it would be quite cool though, though it could promote segregation.

well I don't remember the last time a woman was gangraped and killed on a bus in London, just saying...
Original post by supreme overlord
'I think some of the girls who think they are being felt up and purely wishful thinking secretly hoping that a stranger finds them hot and they love it!'

can you
please

and no, it wouldn't be 'done by anyone attracted to them, regardless of actual gender'
i'm not saying it couldn't happen but the occurrence must be ridiculously small in comparison

not but y'know rape/sexual assault isn't actually all that bad because they all lie about it anyway.
This is preferential treatment for one sex so is sexist. Affirmative action is poison.

can you
please

A lot lol.

You're probably one of them internet warriors that don't go out much. So you don't notice things that happen in the real world
Original post by lucaf
well I don't remember the last time a woman was gangraped and killed on a bus in London, just saying...

one incident, however traumatic, tells you nothing about anything at all.

you have to bear in mind media sensationalism which will pick and choose which bits of information are given to you.

I don't like using rape cases as tools in a debate though. All rape is bad, and it's endemic, and it happens everywhere. Don't make judgemental and disparaging remarks about a particular country just because it's been focussed on so much.
not but y'know rape/sexual assault isn't actually all that bad because they all lie about it anyway.

...Wow. Just wow.
...Wow. Just wow.

just to clarify I really actually am taking the piss. Please please please don't think that for a second I think RoK is a credible source on anything, even less so Roosh V or whatever his name is.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone here were to suddenly meet.
just to clarify I really actually am taking the piss. Please please please don't think that for a second I think RoK is a credible source on anything, even less so Roosh V or whatever his name is.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone here were to suddenly meet.

I figured (':
Original post by GnomeMage
So women wont feel uncomfortable especially during peak hour where everyone squeeze against each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. That can be confused as women's rights but segregation certainly seems to be a step back. Don't tell feminists that, though :yawn:
Original post by gabzy
Yea, would be nice not to get my ass groped :smile: but i don't think it would work although Japan has women only carriages:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your ass has been groped? :curious:
I figured (':

gosh I was fearful for a second there :')

ahem. :')
Original post by feline_nymphet
no. That can be confused as women's rights but segregation certainly seems to be a step back. Don't tell feminists that, though :yawn:

Your ass has been groped? :curious:

yeah GOD DAMN THOSE ****ING FEMINAZIS
Original post by scrotgrot
Groping is not a problem, we are not Japan

Groping is most certainly a problem.
Oh come on, folks, it's just a lil bit uh ass grabbin :hubba:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Oh come on, folks, it's just a lil bit uh ass grabbin :hubba:

Please don't assume just because you'd be fine with someone touching you without permission that everyone will. Rape survivors? People with severe anxiety? 'it's just a bit of someone you don't know touching your body in an intimate way ha ha get over it what's that you're having a panic attack just chill'
Reply 99
maybe we should have quiet carriages that anyone can use, like on trains, or just make sure there are enough seats for those who need it the most to sit down

Quick Reply

Latest