The Student Room Group

Renting Flat - Average bill costs?

Hi all

Myself and my partner are looking to move into a 1 bed flat together this summer, in Exeter/Exmouth. I will be relocating down to be with him for this. We have found flats we can rent for around £400-£500 pcm which is an ideal price for us. We arent having much luck in figuring out how much the bills will be. Does anyone have an idea as to an average water/electric/gas bill and council tax is for that area?

I will be getting a full time job there and my partner has an apprenticeship (average paying one) so we feel like we have should have enough income to cover it, just want to be sure so it can open a wider range places we could stay.

Thanks for any help!
Jo
I would have said something in the region of:
Water - £20 - £30
Gas / Elec - £50 - £80
Council Tax - £90 - £120

per month. Or there abouts.

Good luck!
we currently arent paying council tax but all our other bills come to about £130 per month including landline internet and insurance for the two of us.
In my 1 bed flat I pay £18 each for both water and electric, £13 for gas and £77 for council tax (single person discount). I also have internet/landline, but I got an insanely good deal which worked out at £17 for the whole year so I'm not counting that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending