The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ijazx1
Guys anyone here interested to join a PM study group for Chemistry?

Can I join? I am so so scared about this exam :'(
any predictions? Maybe its pointless considering how unpredictable biology was, but i would like some idea (even if its wrong) of what might come up when i go into the hall.
ill join
Anyone up for revision?Btw An easy way of learning the reactivity series is
1. Potassium - K
2. Calcium - Ca
3. Sodium - Na
4. Magnesium - Mg
5. Aluminium - Al
6. Zinc - Zn
7. Iron - Fe
8. Lead - Pb
9. Hydrogen - H
10. Copper - Cu
11. Mercury - Hg
12. Silver - Ag
13. Gold - Au
AS
Please
Charles
Send
Monkeys
And
Zebras
In
Lead
Hard
Cage
With
Maximum
Security :colondollar:
Yep I've got this exam tomorrow at 9:15 am, hoping it will be a good paper! Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Yuuchin1
any predictions? Maybe its pointless considering how unpredictable biology was, but i would like some idea (even if its wrong) of what might come up when i go into the hall.

I know this is broad, but I reckon there must be at least one question on the tests.
Reply 26
Original post by Ijazx1
You can't be too sure if its paper 2 or 1. Care to join my PM study group and we can discuss our ideas/revise :smile:

Sorry, I've only just seen this. How did you find the exam?
Reply 27
Original post by Tau
Sorry, I've only just seen this. How did you find the exam?

It was fine tbh, but hate the fact they asked us to draw a diagram of that conical flask and funnel :erm:

And... I left the last question which had the calculation for max mass as I didn't have enough time. Surprised that anything from Haber process, blast furnace didn't come!
Posted from TSR Mobile
It was sooooo bad I did soooo badly
(edited 8 years ago)
The questions were short and simple, which was nice.
Reply 30
Original post by Ijazx1
It was fine tbh, but hate the fact they asked us to draw a diagram of that conical flask and funnel :erm:

And... I left the last question which had the calculation for max mass as I didn't have enough time. Surprised that anything from Haber process, blast furnace didn't come!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I imagine that they will come up in Paper 2. My diagram was terribly drawn but I think I'll get the marks for it.
That must have been hell I hate not having enough time in exams :frown:

I thought it was okay to be honest, a lot better than I expected. I hated the fact that I'd finished and checked multiple times by the end of 40 minutes so I had 1 hour and 20 minutes of clock watching.....
Reply 32
Original post by JessicaMacluskie
That must have been hell I hate not having enough time in exams :frown:

I thought it was okay to be honest, a lot better than I expected. I hated the fact that I'd finished and checked multiple times by the end of 40 minutes so I had 1 hour and 20 minutes of clock watching.....

You had so much free time? :O Well I was just wasting time trying to draw a neat diagram for that filtration question.. and my smooth curve wasnt very smooth so i had to do it again :/
Did everyone get 120kg for the last question?
Original post by tom_green12
Did everyone get 120kg for the last question?

I did!!! 🙌 I thought it was a good paper in general... Millions of times better than the biology on Tuesday 12th....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
did everyone get 120kg for the last question?

yesss i got it
And 0.0045 for the mole question?
And 0.0045 for the mole question?

Yep!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Pretty much what we know that would come in Paper 2C is Electrolysis,Contact Process, Condensation polymerisation, gas volume calculations, percentage yield and such which are in bold in the Spec. We might get the blast furnace too since we didn't get anything on extraction of iron.

Considering we have quite a bit of time to revise for Paper 2C i suggest we all go through everything just to be on the safe side. :smile:
Reply 39
Hey can any one provide me with revision guides for both physics and chem 2c?

Quick Reply

Latest