The Student Room Group

Will there be a C1 2016 exam?

I took today's exams and my mind just wouldn't work. I know I've lost almost 10 marks from and I'm worried I've got less than an A.

I'm quite capable of getting 100% I don't know what went wrong today. I just was hoping it was possible to take a C1 exam next year off of my own back in case I've missed out on that A in order to raise my grade.

Thanks
Reply 1
Why wouldn't there be one next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think because of that new two year course thing.
Reply 3
Yes, it is possible to take C1 next year. But remember that it makes up only 33% of your AS maths grade. If you work hard for C2 and S1/M1/D1 then there's no reason why you can't get an A this year.
Reply 4
Original post by Hooch Is Crazy
I think because of that new two year course thing.

Ahh. But rest assure there's still going to be a C1 exam next year don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sharpify
I took today's exams and my mind just wouldn't work. I know I've lost almost 10 marks from and I'm worried I've got less than an A.

I'm quite capable of getting 100% I don't know what went wrong today. I just was hoping it was possible to take a C1 exam next year off of my own back in case I've missed out on that A in order to raise my grade.

Thanks

The maths syllabus does not change until 2017
There will be a C1 paper in 2016, 2017, 2018 and possibly 2019
Yes. You can resist a module next year if you are AS this year.
Reply 7
I'm glad to hear that, I think I got about 68/75. I lost all the marks on the p^2 - 6p + 1 < 0 question because I was unable to factorize, most of the paper wasn't as straight forward as previous years and totally threw me. I managed to solve it *AFTER* the exam by completing the square.

I also made a huge mistake on 10b, where I read the question as saying that the line was parallel to the tangent and not the normal, meaning I was unable to solve but hopefully method marks.

My main concern is because my head was a bit over the place during the exam that my scribbles here and there may not be taken into account even though they're the right answer.

Thanks for all the help, I was really worried but this has definitely put my mind at rest. Bring on C2!
Original post by Sharpify
I'm glad to hear that, I think I got about 68/75. I lost all the marks on the p^2 - 6p + 1 < 0 question because I was unable to factorize, most of the paper wasn't as straight forward as previous years and totally threw me. I managed to solve it *AFTER* the exam by completing the square.

I also made a huge mistake on 10b, where I read the question as saying that the line was parallel to the tangent and not the normal, meaning I was unable to solve but hopefully method marks.

My main concern is because my head was a bit over the place during the exam that my scribbles here and there may not be taken into account even though they're the right answer.

Thanks for all the help, I was really worried but this has definitely put my mind at rest. Bring on C2!

68 will definitely be an A. It will be around 60 for an A, like last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending