The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by usmanzubair
Maybe june 2009 will repeat :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many people would love to ...
Original post by particlestudent
Yeah I get that but where does it say to write the inequalities separately? I put it as 3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2

Thats where the graph comes in handy bro. See arseys answer for that one he wrote OR the middle of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lukass12
How many UMS points for 70 maybe 71 marks out of 75?

It depends on how well everyone else has done, I reckon >70+ for sure
Can someone please help me
for 8b)
if you wrote 3root10 as your answer, is the value of K implied as 3 by the examiners, as in do u still get all the marks for that question

cheeeeeeeeers
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.

Hello, for the simultaneous did you have to put them in order as co-ordinates if you have shown how you calculated them all and for the summation if you calculated both parts (part b) correctly and didn't add properly for final result how many marks will be lost is it just an accuracy (theoretically)>
Reply 105
good sample of 300+ on the C1 difficulty
vote and see
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3322317
would k be 12 because its the year they are talking about
Original post by particlestudent
Yeah I get that but where does it say to write the inequalities separately? I put it as 3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2

Because if you were to graph the quadratic, you would see it has 2 roots, and you were looking for the X values that create a y>0. Your answer creates y<0.
Original post by TeeEm
good sample of 300+ on the C1 difficulty
vote and see

How have the votes gone? I cant see the poll :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by TeeEm
ONLY if coords are B marks(independent)
depends on how the marking scheme will be done after the sample provisional marking

thanks
for 9b, how many marks i'd get for saying, Sn = 10(34000+ (19*1500))
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by usmanzubair
Thats where the graph comes in handy bro. See arseys answer for that one he wrote OR the middle of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

He got the same inequalities as me but he wrote them separately. I'm asking you why we had to write them separately?
I think I may have got 56/75... Any idea what grade this would be? It didn't go as well as I'd have liked so I've just been stressing about it since it finished. Any reply would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by ums maestro
How have the votes gone? I cant see the poll :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

look at the link

58 max I think lol

****, my past paper marks made me too complacent
Reply 114
Original post by naxiv
thanks
for 9b, how many marks i'd get for saying, Sn = 10/2(34000+ (19*1500))

sorry off teaching now
For question 4iia), if I used the arithmetic sequence formula and got the right answer do you think I will still get all the marks? (instead of 4*20)
Reply 116
Original post by It'sTheArtLife
I think I may have got 56/75... Any idea what grade this would be? It didn't go as well as I'd have liked so I've just been stressing about it since it finished. Any reply would be greatly appreciated :smile:

64/75.
so you got a low B
Original post by ericadonnelly
Because if you were to graph the quadratic, you would see it has 2 roots, and you were looking for the X values that create a y>0. Your answer creates y<0.

I don't understand, my inequalities are exactly the same as Arsey's just together.:confused:

3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2

Isn't that the same as p<3-2sqrt2 and p>3+2sqrt2????
Original post by It'sTheArtLife

Last year I got 58/75 and that translated to 71/100 UMS, if thats any comparison :smile:
Original post by bnosnehpets
For question 4iia), if I used the arithmetic sequence formula and got the right answer do you think I will still get all the marks? (instead of 4*20)

You mean you used d=0?
There's nothing wrong with that at all, and I'm sure you'd get the marks if you got 80

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending