The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
When people say those things when drunk best thing to do is just laugh it off but if they say something very offensive chuck your drink on them or give them a wack lol X
Reply 21
I'm male. Some people think i'm gay cause i don't go around grabbing ladys bums while screaming "HI SEXY"
Reply 22
possibly, 'not dressed like a slut for new years = must be gay!!'
Jeremy
maybe you look/act unfeminine,
or if you're lesbian he saw you check out other girls.

I do hope you are being sarcastic! It really pisses me off how people seem to see a subversion of usual gender stereotypes automatically signifies homosexuality.

Ignore the guy. If he did think you were actualy gay he wouldn't've dared to ask, he was probobly vying (however you spell thAt) for attention by asking such a random question.
Reply 24
after he asked you, what did you say? and then what did he say? was it rather awkward?
Reply 25
WorkHouse
I do hope you are being sarcastic! It really pisses me off how people seem to see a subversion of usual gender stereotypes automatically signifies homosexuality.

Ignore the guy. If he did think you were actualy gay he wouldn't've dared to ask, he was probobly vying (however you spell thAt) for attention by asking such a random question.

You would be surprised, the amount of times before I was ready to come out, people would ask me...it would never be friends who asked, as they had tact lol but people who just have NO social skills, and like you say, maybe people who want to risk the awkwardness afterwards for japes!
Anonymous
Oh yes he was very drunk...it just kind of killed the night for me. I was having fun.

what is wrong with looking like a lesbian?...i don't get offended when people think I'm straight.
Reply 27
Anonymous
what is wrong with looking like a lesbian?...i don't get offended when people think I'm straight.

Maybe because she isn't one, and would want to know why people would think she is?!? I know I'd be worried if someone asked me if I was gay, because I'd start to think why they would have got that impression..
Reply 28
WorkHouse

it may have came off across as sardonic but it really was light-hearted, playing on the dyke-stereotype of checking out other girls as much as guys do. I should make it more obvous next time with a :biggrin: at the end of the sentence. It's hard to shake off forum-humour with being literal because im use to speaking in the former.
Reply 29
he wanted a 3 some or sum next thing like that i think
Maybe he had a gay/bi female friend who finds you attractive but was too shy to ask you herself? Surely you'd rather someone ask you than someone come on to you who might just scare you? There's many reasons why he could ask.
Flash6289
Maybe because she isn't one, and would want to know why people would think she is?!? I know I'd be worried if someone asked me if I was gay, because I'd start to think why they would have got that impression..

yeah same i dont get people sometimes :confused:
Reply 32
Haha some bloke in a club last week asked me if I was gay (I'm not), then tried kissing me :|.

He's not even gay himself!
Reply 33
cjgbr
a friend told me "he's not gay but his boyfriend is"!! how does that work

This is a fairly common phrase within he gay community, and is usually either used as a joke or political statement. Quite a few bisexual people don' like being referred to as gay, and the above line could just be another way of saying "just because I date a guy that doesn't mean I'm homosexual".

Latest

Trending

Trending