The Student Room Group

Help with Edexcel History GCSE

Hi. I have two question to ask and would appreciate answers!.

Firstly, I recently got the news that I got a C in my history controlled asessment. I was just wondering how much of an affect that might have, and if so, what grades I would need to get atleast an A overall.

Secondly, I am studying USA, Britain and the Cold War. I was just hoping someone could give me a run down of the structure of the answers I need to give in all 3 exams. Knowledge shouldn't be TOO much of an issue for me, but I really struggle in terms of structure.

Thanks!
Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
Reply 2
Thanks! Sorry, first time posting. :smile:
It all depends on your UMS. If you got 60/100 you will need to get 260/300 on the remaining units for an A (87, 87, 86 or any other combination with the same total) So a minimum of three high As. If you got 100, 100, 100 (which does happen) you could still get an a*. What sort of marks have you been getting in past papers?
Reply 4
Original post by HistoryTeacher
It all depends on your UMS. If you got 60/100 you will need to get 260/300 on the remaining units for an A (87, 87, 86 or any other combination with the same total) So a minimum of three high As. If you got 100, 100, 100 (which does happen) you could still get an a*. What sort of marks have you been getting in past papers?

I've been getting As and Bs I think, but we haven't done many and that was a while ago...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending