The Student Room Group

Anyone sit the AQA History HIS1B Britain 1483- 1529 2015 paper

did anyone else sit this paper, how did you find it?
Reply 1
Yay, I'm not the only one! A bit mixed - nothing on pretenders, rebellions, foreign policy or treaties, so wasn't what I wanted. Was happy with the Bosworth and Wolsey questions though, suppose it could've been worse!
Reply 2
I sat this paper yesterday! I agree it could of been worse, I was so so nervous though and I am predicted an A but I think nerves got the better of me.
Also the 2nd question about how far Henry had consolidated his kingship with Elizabeth of York by 1487 threw me because some of friends came out of the exam and said that they had answered it like a 'how important' question so I am relived I didn't make that mistake!
my hand writing was so bad as I was working up the last minute I hope they cant read it! do you know if you get marked down for handwriting?
Reply 3
Original post by bubblyaims
I sat this paper yesterday! I agree it could of been worse, I was so so nervous though and I am predicted an A but I think nerves got the better of me.
Also the 2nd question about how far Henry had consolidated his kingship with Elizabeth of York by 1487 threw me because some of friends came out of the exam and said that they had answered it like a 'how important' question so I am relived I didn't make that mistake!
my hand writing was so bad as I was working up the last minute I hope they cant read it! do you know if you get marked down for handwriting?

Yeah, I was also predicted an A but I was also very nervous and was still a bit shaken up by the Maths exam in the morning. I found the time the biggest constraint, if I'd had another 15 mins I could've gone into much more depth. I think I addressed that question okay, it's just so hard in the exam not to go off on a tangent with everything you know, rather than focusing on the question. I know there's SPaG marks, but as far as I'm aware they don't take into account handwriting - so long as it's legible, they'll mark it! What paper are you doing next week?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by xace28x
Yeah, I was also predicted an A but I was also very nervous and was still a bit shaken up by the Maths exam in the morning. I found the time the biggest constraint, if I'd had another 15 mins I could've gone into much more depth. I think I addressed that question okay, it's just so hard in the exam not to go off on a tangent with everything you know, rather than focusing on the question. I know there's SPaG marks, but as far as I'm aware they don't take into account handwriting - so long as it's legible, they'll mark it! What paper are you doing next week?

so true! I always find it hard not to go off into a tangent because I know a lot about the subject because as it is my favourite subject!
and im doing Vietnam next Wednesday, I was hoping on getting the A in the Tudors because I find Vietnam more difficult so im going to have to try really really hard now to secure an A. What about you, what paper are you doing?
Reply 5
Original post by bubblyaims
so true! I always find it hard not to go off into a tangent because I know a lot about the subject because as it is my favourite subject!
and im doing Vietnam next Wednesday, I was hoping on getting the A in the Tudors because I find Vietnam more difficult so im going to have to try really really hard now to secure an A. What about you, what paper are you doing?

Snap! Im doing Vietnam too - I prefer the Tudors anyway, and I HATE the source questions, gotta hope this one goes better, either that or my coursework will have to be amazing next year :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending