The Student Room Group

Oh such cruel fate! Oh such UCAS!

So here begins my woeful tale...
I applied for Medicine but that didn't work out but in short, I received an offer from Biomedicine at UEA (my firm) and (my insurance) Clinical Science / Foundation Year Medicine at Bradford.

However, I realise now in May, right bang in the middle of my IB exams that;
a) Due to family situation I cannot leave London
b) I stupidly firmed those offers
c) The universities I have contacted in London will only accept applications through UCAS
d) If I reject and pray for clearing, I could end up with no universitY...

Also a Gap year is not in my budget, plans or anything. So just no.

Someone help me, educate me, save me and I will be eternally grateful.

Aaaargh! I'm so stressed :'(
Original post by shirlz2808
So here begins my woeful tale...
I applied for Medicine but that didn't work out but in short, I received an offer from Biomedicine at UEA (my firm) and (my insurance) Clinical Science / Foundation Year Medicine at Bradford.

However, I realise now in May, right bang in the middle of my IB exams that;
a) Due to family situation I cannot leave London
b) I stupidly firmed those offers
c) The universities I have contacted in London will only accept applications through UCAS
d) If I reject and pray for clearing, I could end up with no universitY...

Also a Gap year is not in my budget, plans or anything. So just no.

Someone help me, educate me, save me and I will be eternally grateful.

Aaaargh! I'm so stressed :'(

I’m sorry to learn that due to recent circumstances you're now unable to consider the University of Bradford as an option. I hope it’s nothing to serious and that both you and your family are okay.

I would initially recommend you contact your preferred London based University to enquire whether they offer the course you're interested in and if so, whether the course is still available through UCAS.

If available, contact our Admissions Team via email at [email protected] with your full name, title of the course you applied for and UCAS Personal ID number alongside a request to be rejected. Double check with UEA if this is the same process for them.

Once these have been rejected and you're not holding any other offers you should be able to apply through UCAS Extra for the course you’re now interested in.

Further information about UCAS Extra can be found at https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Another option is UCAS Clearing. Further information about this can be found at https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing

I hope you find this information useful and if you need any further advice or support please do PM me or post below.
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bradford
I’m sorry to learn that due to recent circumstances you're now unable to consider the University of Bradford as an option. I hope it’s nothing to serious and that both you and your family are okay.

I would initially recommend you contact your preferred London based University to enquire whether they offer the course you're interested in and if so, whether the course is still available through UCAS.

If available, contact our Admissions Team via email at [email protected] with your full name, title of the course you applied for and UCAS Personal ID number alongside a request to be rejected. Double check with UEA if this is the same process for them.

Once these have been rejected and you're not holding any other offers you should be able to apply through UCAS Extra for the course you’re now interested in.

Further information about UCAS Extra can be found at https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Another option is UCAS Clearing. Further information about this can be found at https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing

I hope you find this information useful and if you need any further advice or support please do PM me or post below.

Thank you for your kind reply!
I called up UCAS and received similar advice and I have already emailed.
Hopefully things work out =)
Original post by shirlz2808
Thank you for your kind reply!
I called up UCAS and received similar advice and I have already emailed.
Hopefully things work out =)

That's great! Best of luck and if you require any further advice or support from myself feel free to PM me or post below.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending