The Student Room Group

Basics of OCR chem foundation

Ok basically, in this module, i tend to find the easy stuff hard, and the hard-easy, i cant understand some of the basics really.

Can anyone guide me thorugh some of the basic features of this module? Like for example, the equations. Like when ....+ ....... (long arrow).......... I don't actually know how to complete the equation, or complete the reactants or products.

Even the basic tests for certain things. Like what are all the major reactions, and tests I should be aware off? what colour change is there?

Any help would be much appreciated as i have my AS chem exams some time next week!
Reply 1
I'd love to help you, but it would be nice if you could be a bit more specific. Is there any particular equations you don't understand?

As for major tests, it is entirely dependant on your syllabus and what exactly you're required to know. I did nuffield so can't give specific help on OCR.

There are some major ones that you should know as a scientist.

I was going to list a whole load, but I've found a website which looks to cover it a lot more comprehensively than I could ever.

http://www.wpbschoolhouse.btinternet.co.uk/page13/ChemicalTests/ChemicalTests.htm#Acids

Yeh, so if there's any specific equations, or concepts you'd like help with please post em up. :smile:

w00tt

Latest