The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Child nursing Cambridge Sept 2

Hiya. Trying to find people who have been offered a place on child nursing at Cambridge. Be good to get to know on another before we start. :smile::colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have fun

Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Loum1977
Hiya. Trying to find people who have been offered a place on child nursing at Cambridge. Be good to get to know on another before we start. :smile::colondollar:

Hi, I've had my interview last week. hoping to get a place. when did you hear back from them after your interview?
Reply 3
Hi. It was about a week and a half so you should hear any day. Can't believe they are still interviewing! Chelmsford is already full. Good luck. Hope you get offered a place 😀
Reply 4
Hey, yeah when I applied Chelmsford was already full, but I wanted Cambridge anyway. It was all very last minute so now I'm worrying about the accommodation and finance etc cause most have that sorted by now. Did you feel you done well In your interview? Were you pretty confident that you got in?? I'm so mixed on how I did
Reply 5
No. Definitely not confident but had an inkling that I may have done enough. As far as I know, accommodation hasn't opened yet but I'm a mature student so living at home so not looked into it. Nhs bursary can be applied for up to six months after the first day of the course. Student finance has to be in by the 31st may but they understand that people may apply later. Worth giving then a call to enquire. I really hope you are offered a place. The feeling you get when you see the email is out of this world! Good luck 🍀
Reply 6
Thank you so much. I'm also a mature student, but I'm from Ireland so I will be living there (hopefully)
I feel I done really well in my group interview, I contributed loads and I was pretty confident, but my individual one I wasn't expecting some of the questions and had to have a good think about them then thought I didn't answer them well so I'm so mixed. I really hope I get in! 😢 I don't know any one else who done an interview so I can't compare lol x
Reply 7
Ah bless you! The group one was important as they assess how you can contribute to a working team. Ah, let me know when you hear. We can meet up before hand maybe. Have everything crossed for you! 😉😄😄
Reply 8
Hoping I done just enough. I will let you know asap when I get word back. I can't stop thinking on it now, getting too far ahead of myself planning my future in Cambridge lol
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Hope to see you soon then 😀
Reply 9
No you have to be positive. Let's hope there's a place with your name on it!:u:
Reply 10
Hi there :smile:
Luckily been offered a place at Anglian Ruskin to do children's nursing, looking forward to starting! Had my interview back in March. They mentioned about a pre-course induction day but I haven't heard any news so far (going to email them) but wondering if anyone else had? I've Applied for NHS bursary and student finance, playing the waiting game now until September, Rosey :smile:
Reply 11
Hiya! You're not the Rosey I was sitting next to on interview day are you? Welcome day is the 2nd July so I've been told by the admissions team. 😊
Reply 12
I am! Brilliant news we both got places, was really nice to meet you that day! Did they contact you or did you ask as I didn't know about the 2nd of July :/
Reply 13
Ah that's brilliant. So glad you got in. Yeah, I emailed them in the end as I've no patience! 😉 admissions said Thursday the 2nd July and we'll get to meet all the tutors and ask questions. So excited! I've just had my student finance approved. Just waiting for the bursary. Hoping we'll get some info on book lists so we can start the search. I'm so happy we both got in. Would you like to meet at the station on the 2nd? We could walk/bus to uni together. Just don't wear your shoes you bought for your interview..I remember your blisters!! It doesn't seem real yet, but it will soon be here. 😁
Reply 14
Oh hopefully I'll get a letter through the post or an email about it soon then :smile: will put it in my diary anyway, glad I stumbled across this today and to be in contact with you again. Haha you remember those shoes! Yes be great to meet up at the station on the 2nd, I'll keep an eye on this convo and if we hear any more updates come on here,
Reading all this is getting me so excited. I hope I get a place. Oh so nervous lol x
Reply 16
Great. He said that we'd receive an email in the next few weeks and that was a fortnight ago. Speak soon! ☺️
Reply 17
Emma, hope to hear that you've got a place too! Keep us informed. 😀
Yes, I will keep you all informed. Hopefully I get a space and get to come join you girls. I should get word this week :smile: so nervous I keep constantly checking my email lol x lid it ucas that informs you? X
Reply 19
Yes. You will get a email saying to log into ucas track. You should hear any day now. Fingers crossed x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending