The Student Room Group

Law AS LEVEL 22nd May AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samwillettsxxx
I put Gbh explained s.20 then I said the courts would consider s.18 in light of the really serious injuries idk tho
Gooood!!

yeah you should still get credit either way but do you think some examiners are strict about their marking??? that's what worries me:frown:
Original post by theTeddyBearx
true true... and same haha, i plan to start revising thoroughly from today. but yeah i think we should definitely make sure we bank the non-application questions marks so model answers are best to revise from for these type of questions haha. don't worry, i'm sure youll get a B undoubtedly, just keep revising and take regular breaks, plus unit 3 is quite easy anyway :smile:

ive got a business exam tommorow so for me i will start revising properly from tommorow, but in that time i will have to revise for both law and business as i have another business exam on the 10th lol. it is it just requires practice i guess, last year i didnt do that well on it because i was focusing on unit 4 too much but i ended up with a b so i am not retaking that haha
Original post by neal95
ive got a business exam tommorow so for me i will start revising properly from tommorow, but in that time i will have to revise for both law and business as i have another business exam on the 10th lol. it is it just requires practice i guess, last year i didnt do that well on it because i was focusing on unit 4 too much but i ended up with a b so i am not retaking that haha

when do we have the unit 3 and unit 4 law exams again? i forgot the dates and i have lost my timetable! :frown: and a B for unit 4 is good!!! i wouldnt bother retaking unit 4 anyway cuz id concentrate on unit 3 more haha. yepp practice is key:h:
Original post by theTeddyBearx
when do we have the unit 3 and unit 4 law exams again? i forgot the dates and i have lost my timetable! :frown: and a B for unit 4 is good!!! i wouldnt bother retaking unit 4 anyway cuz id concentrate on unit 3 more haha. yepp practice is key:h:

unit 4 i have no idea as it isnt on my timetable haha but law unit 3 AQA is on the 15th of june 09:1030 :smile:
Original post by samwillettsxxx
I put Gbh explained s.20 then I said the courts would consider s.18 in light of the really serious injuries idk tho
Gooood!!

Wouldn't it be wounding?
Original post by Branjaynett
Wouldn't it be wounding?

It said bled slightly so I don't think so as wounding has to break 2 layers of the skin so I think they'd make it a lot more obvious like a stab wound or something
There was an assault before it (firing the pitsol in air) and in R v Savage and Parmenter (an actual ABH case) - the defendant threw a bottle and it slipped on victims hand causing it to slightly bleed
yh i said it was s47 and went through battery to establish the common assault and abh s47 first but at the end mentioned the possibility of the shooting being s20 but said it was unlikely because the joint charging standards state that it would most likely be s47. just wanted to try and get alternative application marks lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by neal95
unit 4 i have no idea as it isnt on my timetable haha but law unit 3 AQA is on the 15th of june 09:1030 :smile:

Unit 4 on the 19th
Original post by camlin
Unit 4 on the 19th

oh cool, thats good to know lol even though i am glad i am not taking it this year so my exams finish on the 17th instead XD. are you taking unit 4? if so remember to revise Theft act 1968 and 1978, fraud act 2009, law on burglary, robbery and theft and the difference between all of them and ensure you know about dwellings etc lol
Reply 189
Original post by neal95
oh cool, thats good to know lol even though i am glad i am not taking it this year so my exams finish on the 17th instead XD. are you taking unit 4? if so remember to revise Theft act 1968 and 1978, fraud act 2009, law on burglary, robbery and theft and the difference between all of them and ensure you know about dwellings etc lol

Oh lucky! Yeah I'm doing unit 4. Thats majority of the unit isn't it haha? Yeah I need to start revising for this now. Ive only briefly gone over it, but we only recently coverered unit4 in class and that was okay. I think its more of recognising whats going on. Also which essays do you recommend to learn? I was thinking of just learning one
Original post by camlin
Oh lucky! Yeah I'm doing unit 4. Thats majority of the unit isn't it haha? Yeah I need to start revising for this now. Ive only briefly gone over it, but we only recently coverered unit4 in class and that was okay. I think its more of recognising whats going on. Also which essays do you recommend to learn? I was thinking of just learning one

yeah ahah from what i can remember at least lol. we had a good scenario come up i think (not sure if it was the actual exam or a practice paper) where the guy was at a football match and went on some criminal damage rampage whilst also conning the food machine by inserting a fake coin lol. we were told to know at least 3 iirc but that wasnt learning them off by heart, just the basic bones which we needed to beef out.
Reply 191
Original post by neal95
yeah ahah from what i can remember at least lol. we had a good scenario come up i think (not sure if it was the actual exam or a practice paper) where the guy was at a football match and went on some criminal damage rampage whilst also conning the food machine by inserting a fake coin lol. we were told to know at least 3 iirc but that wasnt learning them off by heart, just the basic bones which we needed to beef out.

Oh I havent come across that scenario yet. Hope this years a good paper, in terms of getting the crime/damage right. At least 3 different things to write about? Just worried about the time tbh. Hmm, still not sure as if the only one Ive learnt doesnt come up then im screwed, as opposed to learing 3 and then the one i wouldve learnt in detail comes up :P Goodluck!
Original post by camlin
Oh I havent come across that scenario yet. Hope this years a good paper, in terms of getting the crime/damage right. At least 3 different things to write about? Just worried about the time tbh. Hmm, still not sure as if the only one Ive learnt doesnt come up then im screwed, as opposed to learing 3 and then the one i wouldve learnt in detail comes up :P Goodluck!

i think you will be okay, but like all law exams i presume that the grade boundaries between a D and an A will be a matter of about 15 marks! timekeeping is a big issue and i really struggled for time in unit 2 especially on the tort questions becasue i dont like how they are structured ie smaller mark questions which are more frequent. for units 3 and 4 you should be fine because there is only a few questions you need to attempt which are worth a sizeable number of marks each. thanks and you too :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by neal95
i think you will be okay, but like all law exams i presume that the grade boundaries between a D and an A will be a matter of about 15 marks! timekeeping is a big issue and i really struggled for time in unit 2 especially on the tort questions becasue i dont like how they are structured ie smaller mark questions which are more frequent. for units 3 and 4 you should be fine because there is only a few questions you need to attempt which are worth a sizeable number of marks each. thanks and you too :smile:

I retook unit 2, and messed up on timing:frown: I totally forgot hot important it is to allocate the time according to the marks. Spent so long on the first two definition questions that the rest of the paper was rushed and complete. But yeah I agree, less questions so it should be better :smile:
Original post by neal95
Loved this exam! Thought the questions for delegated legislation, judicial precedent and criminal courts and lay people were an absolute gift
Hi, is there any chance you can remember the questions that came up, in doing the 2015 paper as mock, if you do please could you let me know, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest