The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kellywood_5
The unconditional offer was made on the basis that were you taking A2 chemistry and A-level biology, so if you drop them, the uni would have the right to withdraw your offer. You definitely did the right thing by emailing them to ask. Anyway, I think you should just carry on. You must have done a fair bit of work towards them by now, and you say you've done a lot of self-studying as well, so you might as well get something to show for it. Also, I'm very surprised that you can study a chemistry degree without a full A-level in it and you might struggle.

'unconditional on the condition' that then?

You could probably get away with not sitting them, but that's a pretty bad idea really. You'll be in a much better position for having them and it seems a bit foolish to turf them in.
megxers
(didn't want to start a new thread, and this has the same theme)

Hi, I have 2 unconditional offers but I am currently taking courses since I have not finished school, and I decided to add 2 classes & 1 AP test because I was bored. Should I email LSE and St. Andrews and tell them about this? Or will they not really care? (I realized this as I was cooking dinner, LOL)
You should contact the universities and see what they say, it probably won't matter, but just incase :smile:
Ancient Beast
You should contact the universities and see what they say, it probably won't matter, but just incase :smile:

Thanks!!! As I finished cooking, I thought of what I was going to write, lol.:smile:
megxers
Thanks!!! As I finished cooking, I thought of what I was going to write, lol.:smile:
:rofl::p: :yy:
LOL, thanks for all the help, but now I have ANOTHER question, LOL.

Since I'm going to be emailing to "because I have now registered for my next semester courses and would like to inform the university of my finalized choices" (:p:) should I also include my last semester's grades since I just got them? :smile:
:s-smilie: I'm not quite sure, I'm not familiar at all with the relevance of these semester grades.
Yeah, that's the problem, I'm not sure if they'll care. So I don't know whether to bother. I might as well though, since one of them was 2nd year of US uni level English, and stuff like that.

Thanks!
Megxers: I'm not at all familiar with the US education system, but I'd email all the unis you're still waiting to hear from with both your new courses and your latest semester grades. Even if they're not relevant, it can't hurt and it could be an advantage.

Latest

Trending

Trending