The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Investiation help?

I went to the Peak District yesterday to do my fieldwork (I'm self teaching but left it a bit late) and I measured the river velocity, load particle size and channel depth against the bradshaw model. I'm confused though on how to work out how the velocity changes downstream? I measured the time it took for an orange to get from one point to another in 10m, 5 times, and have the average velocity. But how do I know if it has changed downstream? Please help!
Original post by sapphirehaze
I went to the Peak District yesterday to do my fieldwork (I'm self teaching but left it a bit late) and I measured the river velocity, load particle size and channel depth against the bradshaw model. I'm confused though on how to work out how the velocity changes downstream? I measured the time it took for an orange to get from one point to another in 10m, 5 times, and have the average velocity. But how do I know if it has changed downstream? Please help!

Did you not go further down the river to check at different points? If so what was the time taken there etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Did you not go further down the river to check at different points? If so what was the time taken there etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just realised what I was doing wrong. I hadn't worked out the velocity at each of the points (stupidly, I know) and now that I have, it makes sense that the velocity increased downstream haha

Quick Reply

Latest